ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
LOL I love your fishing Roy! As you know I used to be a PC gamer however between work, the female, gym, Push Bike, track days (Now stopped) I no longer have time to spend hours in front of the PC tweaking this and that of which I usually used to pay hardly any attention to.

Console means turn it on, play for 20-30 mins and put down.

I am enjoying the MP at the moment. No Lag at all on the 360 for me. Few campers but not that bad actually. Although I stayed with one group for about 1 hour or so. Level 27 at the moment.

Isn't that what you do with PCs as well? I've just had two quick games of BF3 online and now I'm done. :)

D.

Lol I remember back in the day when you told me I needed a new power supply and I ignored you. Then it imploded when I was playing Half-Life 2 Ep 2 and you lolled :(

Revels Mum & Sister
Isn't that what you do with PCs as well? I've just had two quick games of BF3 online and now I'm done. :)

D.

Turn them on, load the game up and play! Plus it is not in the Lounge on a big screen. Then you have to piss around quit and Shutdown again. The main thing is all the fiddling and pissing about and getting caught up with it. Console = buy disc, stick in and play. DONE!! That is my point.

I do remember that Roy. I did tell you ;0)

I used to be a PC gimp Darren but just dont have the patience or time

A SHED!
just got this on ps3... and got torn to pieces online...oh dear, i feel sorry for the people who end up with a tard like me on their team.

Evo 5 RS
LOL I love your fishing Roy! As you know I used to be a PC gamer however between work, the female, gym, Push Bike, track days (Now stopped) I no longer have time to spend hours in front of the PC tweaking this and that of which I usually used to pay hardly any attention to.

lol who tweaks anymore.. I'm not even running an overclock these days ..bish-bosh bang...spend out, get fappy crisp visuals.

In fact I spend more time tweaking my f**king Xbox by rapping it in a towel so it'll some day work again. I'll buy this for the SP, I doubt I'll play MP..out of preference, not because of graphics! I love Quake 3.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Loving this so far and i haven't touched campaign yet, feel mentally drained after 5 hours online tho lol. I rage quit a few games of HQ as i just didn't know where the hell i was going and ended up getting slaughtered far too many times... back to td and kill confirmed to learn the levels and gun down the noobs , ended up getting to lv 22. gonna save the double xp tokens till i know the levels a lot better so i don't waste the bloody thing.

The ump setup they give you to start with is pretty epic for racking up the kills:p
M16 seem w**k compared to the one in mw2
M4 is good gun with kick enabled....

Connection on PS3 seems a bit hit and miss, when its good its very good but when its bad it not even worth playing.....

Bumder With A Buffer
I have spent more time on the "waiting for players" screen and awaiting connection screen today then I have actually playing online.

Getting a bit tiresome now.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
FLOL i was taking the piss out of the UBER geeks moaning about graphics on the PC i rock Win7 :( plus ive got it on the xbox.

My view of the game so far...

Hit Detection is spot on from my experience.

Maps are mixed and built up and open with a nice medium.

The whole Perk system works well yet there is STILL a fair bit going on in the sky (air suport).

MASSIVE dissapointment is Barebones as its exactly not barebones its just TD/Dom/etc without Killstreaks so theres nothing bare about it.

Graphics are good and an improvement on MW2 & BLOPs.

Issues people are talking about in terms of connecting to games online, its just either your internet or something wrong with the relavant servers. As ive been on this game from 12am till 6 then 12-7 on the 360 and not a single issue till i played with some yank friends.

The whole Gun Ranking works well.

Really like the game 5th game and I managed to pull this of, with a nuke at the end
IMAG0016.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
didnt think there was nukes in this plus iirc didnt you always get a death in MW2 with a nuke?

172 Cup
Just looked and one of my good pals is in the top 500 team death match players in the world on the xbox currently lol hes sick at it mind, lvl 45 for me

Bumder With A Buffer
FLOL i was taking the piss out of the UBER geeks moaning about graphics on the PC i rock Win7 :( plus ive got it on the xbox.

My view of the game so far...

Hit Detection is spot on from my experience.

Maps are mixed and built up and open with a nice medium.

The whole Perk system works well yet there is STILL a fair bit going on in the sky (air suport).

MASSIVE dissapointment is Barebones as its exactly not barebones its just TD/Dom/etc without Killstreaks so theres nothing bare about it.

Graphics are good and an improvement on MW2 & BLOPs.

Issues people are talking about in terms of connecting to games online, its just either your internet or something wrong with the relavant servers. As ive been on this game from 12am till 6 then 12-7 on the 360 and not a single issue till i played with some yank friends.

The whole Gun Ranking works well.

I'm not sure about hit detection. Ive watched killcams and I'm behind a wall

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've been playing this online for a few hours, I really like it and the maps are great. I f**king hate air support, why can't they just f**k it off.

Mountune Tractor
yeah got a nuke at the end, don't think it is actually a nuke, it just wipes out the other team/ends the game and goes in slow motion

It's called MOAB - mother of all bombs which kills all members of the opposing team and then puts them in EMP for the remainder of the game.
25 kill gun streak as well so if you are telling the truth I'm impressed.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not long now until Gold spas, boss.

It's pretty crap until you unlock 'damage' for it.

Si

RS Clio 172
I did the single player, had one ok game online, then went straight into a game with some gimp quick scoping. Other than that I'm impressed. I thought MW2 was a bit w**k (with both campaign and multiplayer) this seems better on both counts though.

Although I did spot a fair few buildings & layouts from previous games. They've just recycled them. Fair enough I 'spose.

Mountune Tractor
I'm hearing that lag is a major issue when you're the host, not good for me then as my connection is awesome.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Just finished the single player. Really enjoyed it.
Will play a few hours of online tomorrow!

Bus w**ker
I'm not sure about hit detection. Ive watched killcams and I'm behind a wall

Bullets seem to penetrate walls easier in MW3, I got quite a few kills through cover last night.

Gutted I've got to go to Sarfend today till Thursday night, tempted to take my 360 with me for the hotel but can't be arsed to repack my bag now. Lets see you "men" with your "machines" do that ;).

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I'm hearing that lag is a major issue when you're the host, not good for me then as my connection is awesome.

I've noticed this too. On black ops when I was host I could never lose a one on one shootout but now on MW3 when I host I'm lucky to even get my aim up before I've been killed.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Played on it last night with my mate for a good few hours. Haven't touched campaign yet, but played some of the Special Ops missions and then Online.

So far, really enjoying it. I like how it's much faster paced than Black Ops.

One thing that keeps bugging me a bit about online - I can't help feeling all they've done is use parts of maps from other Modern Warfares and re-arranged or re-decorated them so to speak. I keep getting to certain parts of maps, or certain buildings and recognising layouts/areas/buildings.

Not that it makes much difference at all, as the maps are good and the gameplay is good!

edit:

Although I did spot a fair few buildings & layouts from previous games. They've just recycled them. Fair enough I 'spose.

Just seen you thought the same!

Last edited:
  LY 182
I played the SP when I get in last night so only had a little over an hour playing MP last night to check it out. Got to level 11 I think. Using the UMP with kick + red dot and it's doing the job. Nothing spectacular as yet. Get absolutely caned when the enemy has a UAV or helicopter. Was playing hardcore TD with mates as that's what we always used to play but I think I'll try the other game modes later as I was a big fan of demolition on B/Ops.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Had a couple of hours on multiplayer last night, its pretty good, more of the same but better, which is exactly how it should be. Its smooth, slick, polished and will no doubt have me playing for the next 6 months. Between this BF3 and Forza 4, i'm gonna be a proper hermit in the coming weeks. Not seen any glitches yet really, no quick scoping either which was one of the biggest fears.

Bumder With A Buffer
Had a couple of hours on multiplayer last night, its pretty good, more of the same but better, which is exactly how it should be. Its smooth, slick, polished and will no doubt have me playing for the next 6 months. Between this BF3 and Forza 4, i'm gonna be a proper hermit in the coming weeks. Not seen any glitches yet really, no quick scoping either which was one of the biggest fears.

I have quit numerous games by getting done by people running around quick scoping :( I think its pointless. Im only ever a sniper on certain large levels.

LY 182
I've not seen any quickscoping yet but was only on about 90 mins and in the same lobby. Hopefully I can level up relatively well later and start getting the better perks + weapons.

Had a few predator missiles last night, glad they're back love always found them fun!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Liking the support kill streaks that continue through death for things like advanced UAV etc.

Revels Mum & Sister
Agree with your comments Ian! I didnt realise what was happening with the Kill Streak thing. I was a little confused.

I want to play online with Cletus!