ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calibre Suzuka 15" Wheels

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Hey everyone!

I'm after a set of 15" alloys for track use (2 or 3 or 4 times a year), I will retain my standard 16" 172 alloys for occasional daily use.
Demon Tweeks have a set these for £277, Calibre Suzuka Alloy Wheels 4x100, ET38, centre bore 73.1 (spigots needed).

Anyone have an views/experience/comments to make (whether it's about these specific wheels or the brand)? They kinda look OK....:grimacing:?

Many thanks!
(As always, I'm trying to be frugal 🙈).

whecalsuzuka.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They look OK to me and the price is proper Jewish which makes them perfect for track wheels. Any idea on weight?

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I've searched t'internet, but not found a weight yet. Maybe I'll contact Calibre.....

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Oi! Leave some stock for me! :smile:

I've emailed Calibre for weight information :up:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Too late now, i've purchased all 6 sets from stock and they're now £500 a set lol

Honestly though, they'e worth a punt at that price point.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
My 172 has standard 16" alloys with ET48; I assume there won't be any issues with the offset of ET38, and in fact will give me a slightly wider track and better look? (IIRC ET38 is the offset of standard 16" 172 Cup alloys)

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I'll happily ask (when I've decided I definitely want a set) :up:.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I asked team dynamics if they would be interested in a buy, nope. But 330 delivered, correct bore and a choice of colours was pretty good. I found the same at top gear at 285 but was an IT mistake :(

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I asked team dynamics if they would be interested in a buy, nope. But 330 delivered, correct bore and a choice of colours was pretty good. I found the same at top gear at 285 but was an IT mistake 😧
Yes, I followed the Top Gear wheel-gate thread closely, it was a bitter disappointment 😞.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Happened a bit ago too. I was going to get new and new tyres but it works out to be over 500. Will hang fire for sone good second hand ones with tyres. They do come up like buses so will keep an eye out.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Standard rims are 16" & tyres are more expensive.

Last edited:

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Iv been thinking about these wheels for a couple of months now after seeing them on a track clio
How did they look, any good?

I was thinking of asking if some clever person on the forum could photoshop them onto my car, but that always end in carnage (funny carnage though :smile:).

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Found these pics that may be helpful. Interestingly, according to the images on Tweeks website, they are stamped 'Rays Gram Lights' which are decent wheels (I believe).
ClioSuzuka.jpg

MegSuzuka2.jpg

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I know I'm grasping at straws here with regards their weight, but some guy on the Briskoda forums has them and posted this recently.....

"Bought these as Calibre Suzuka, stamped Rays Gram Lights........Replaced my TD Pro Race 3 which are same weight as Spiders, these are 300g lighter...."

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Are the not stamped 'Ravs' and 'Oram Lights' :smile:

2sXcmXz.jpg

3j6J0jQ.jpg

It's certainly a good effort though! haha

I've been tempted by a set myself as they're dirt cheap really and look pretty decent. I do have concerns over how strong they'd be though!