ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C63 AMG Update

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Just took a few snaps and got a quick vid of the car in my unit, had it for about 10 weeks now and absolutely love it!

Covered just over 3100 miles since I got it and averaged around 15.4mpg from the start.

Had a few teething issues, well niggles. Its been in for a slight squeak on the dash, a wind noise on the rear seal and it wanting to pull to the left, Merc have been pretty good and have booked it in for a full GEO and to replace the rear passenger door upper seal. They also have fixed the squeak on the dash (well, for now).

Its by far the best car I've owned by some margin. I never really gave much thought to AMGs until I drove the C63, the power is just brutal which combined with "that noise" just makes it an event every time you drive it. Also very impressed with the handling and accuracy of the steering. The HUGE 6 pot front and 4 pot rear brakes are really perform when you need to lean on them. Interior and technology wise its great! The seats are 1000% win as is command online which, paired with the Harmon Karden Pro Logic 7 has taken the crown for any stereo I've had in a car (including range rovers HK)

Only real negative is the ability to get any power down below 70MPH if its even a iddy biddy bit damp. In the dry its fine but I've had a few moments in the wet with the rear end, with 600NM it breaks traction from 2000 RPM and above, this has obviously resulted in some tyre wear (not helped by me being an absolute tool in it :rasp:) I think I'll need a set of rears in about 1500 miles but meh! its well worth it!

I have no real plans for it, I have considered a carbon fibre rear spoiler (same size) and a carbon fibre rear diffuser. Oh and I do have my name down on a Eurocharge map which takes the power to the same or marginally higher than the SLS (525hp, 700 NM). The C63 engine is effectively the same engine as the SLS just detuned via a map which limits the throttle boddie to 85% WOT max.

Ill keep this until the end of summer I think, if the businesses plan out expansion wise then I'll hopefully (everything crossed) make a jump into a 430, 458 or a Lambo (or possibly a V10 GT r8)

Pics to follow (and vid if I can get it to work)

Sorry for the iPhone pics!

Last edited:
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
2ejure8y.jpg
ebagasu8.jpg
rabyra3u.jpg
ahuqazyb.jpg
y2a3aben.jpg
hetypezy.jpg
egyqy9un.jpg
jazaqy3u.jpg
sa8uny8y.jpg
uba4e9yt.jpg
e7emajub.jpg

n/a
Looks lovely even in silver, i think only some cars can pull it off in that colour. Well done nice car!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
[video=youtube_share;PUxxqkE9LSo]http://youtu.be/PUxxqkE9LSo[/video][video=youtube_share;nGmVD9cEPGg]http://youtu.be/nGmVD9cEPGg[/video]

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Man what a life hey.
What is it you do again, think I need to join in as you are the same age as me aren't you? (24)

Suzuki Jimny
Not jealous at all....

Very classy choice in colour/wheels. Saw a white one with black wheels and it just screamed rich chav. This is stunning.

Tangoed Works
Stunning in everyway! I would go for the 458 out of that lot next. Such good vfm at the moment especially as a lot of the nearly new ones come with 7year servicing package inclusive.

Cars looks awesome Ben.

Off topic though, are you involved with any of the houses on Roseway Avenue in Cadishead? Pretty sure I've seen you driving around the area, if it's not you it's someone who looks very similar to you and drives the same car. lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Cars looks awesome Ben.

Off topic though, are you involved with any of the houses on Roseway Avenue in Cadishead? Pretty sure I've seen you driving around the area, if it's not you it's someone who looks very similar to you and drives the same car. lol

Done quiet a few jobs in Cadishead but I'm normally hiding in the office unless one of the lads has died or slapped a customers arse, then I have to pop to site to sort it!

Fiesta ST-3
Brilliant mate, absolutely amazing car! I would love one.... sounds like you've earned the right to drive it too. If I was wearing a hat, I would take it off to you sir!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It's odd how the C63 suffers from traction issues, I have no problem at all above 40mph in mine.

Still, nice car!