ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying Suspension

ph1 Clio 172
Hi everyone,

I need new suspension for my phase 1 172 and have no idea where to start, whether to get coilovers or standard.

any recommendations?

53 Clio's & counting
i have new std shocks from renault and eibach proline springs mate, a brilliant combo, alot tighter and handles better but not a harsh ride. best of both worlds

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
From what I've heard, Vmaxx are a good option. £400 standard, there was a group buy that got them for £305 delivered. I think they are trying to organise another group buy. Not meant to be harsh or crashy, very well damped.

172 Cup
what are looking for from you suspension? just looking to lower it a little? performance aimed? going very low?

ph1 Clio 172
well its more for performance than looks, its lowered 40m at the mo on really crap springs so the ride is awful.

I was looking at the koni adjustables and the vmaxx coils

friend of mine has the koni adjustables on her 172 and they are very good, handles a lot better and feels so much smoother to drive