ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying from auction

Civic Vtec y0
Would you?

There is one on 2nite near me and I am thinking on taking a trip to it to see a rough guide of prices etc

Would you take the risk if you seen a car you really liked and it was going for decent money?

Cheers

Megane Coupe, 3 Minis :D
Go there anyway, just to have a look at what cars are about and for what price. Plus, go with a pocket full of moolar just incase something really is a bargain! :p

Civic Vtec y0
Go there anyway, just to have a look at what cars are about and for what price. Plus, go with a pocket full of moolar just incase something really is a bargain! :p
lol no, bcoz then I would spend it for the sake of spending it and come home with a something shitty lol

Meg on pistonheads £6995
go for it - I've bought 3x @ auction - saved average £1500 a time!

all this nonsence about 'take someone that knows' WALOC

do you know your cars and can spot a munter?

same stuff just a few grand cheaper!

Octavia VRS
yes but I would take someone who knows what to look for if you're not sure
Does my gf count? lol! I have a good(ish) idea of what im looking for butstill dont know if its worth the risk?

lol. Sure mate, if you have an idea and are confident do it. I was shitting it when buying privately, although obviously with auctions you get less time to look at the car before it goes through

Elise S1 B&C 140
As long as its good and all the Docs are there go for it.

Just dont be tempted to buy a lesser quality car than you normally would just cos its a couple of hundred quid cheaper. Could cost you more in the long run.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
go for it - I've bought 3x @ auction - saved average £1500 a time!

all this nonsence about 'take someone that knows' WALOC

do you know your cars and can spot a munter?

same stuff just a few grand cheaper!

Totally agree

Clio
my family have all got cars like that.. really good way if you get the old company cars that are less then a year old.. but my luck when i got my 2nd car i got the lemon an had to spend bout 1/2 grand on work for it..still worth more than wat i paid thoue

In my experience every car at an auction has had something wrong with it, even ones that are less than a year old. Ex company car generally the worst, ie all dented & scratched up.

I'd have an idea of what I wanted & stick to it, buy something that people will want when you come to sell it on - some of the cars at auctions are in the worst colours & have the worst spec ever !

LY V6 with Recaros
^^ Agree, we buy most our cars at work from auction, the majority of them have to have some kind of work doing to them, even if it's minor.

Ph1
Would you?

There is one on 2nite near me and I am thinking on taking a trip to it to see a rough guide of prices etc

Would you take the risk if you seen a car you really liked and it was going for decent money?

Cheers

Which auction are you going to ? :)

Clio 172
Just watch out mate, ive been to a couple and there are some people that take some plugs, and wires out so that it runs like crap and no one bids and they bid dirt cheap then put the plug back in, or last week my mate bought a clio from the auction someone had drawn over it with pencil, he just moped it out with machine, alot of people did not bid though ( But im sure you know what your doing mate ) :p GOOD LUCK

Mark

www.renparts.co.uk
people haven't got a clue who say theyre all nackered..... take accident exchange cars at BCA in notts where i usually go.... there are hundreds of audi Q7's etc that have covered a few thousand miles.... or finance reposessions.... i would be less inclined to buy things entered privately unless you know your onions... many come with warranty... EG: the BMW group ones... all depends on the type of auction your going to.... there is usally a reason theyre at auction if theyre privately entered but ones entered by financial services etc are (usually) fine...

It depends where your going and what kind of thing your after, all I am gonna say is that the stuff that goes to auction to from where i work goes there for a reason, not specifically that it's a munter but I'm sure you get the picture. If it seems too good to be true then it probably is. In the right situation on the right car though you can save yourself a few quid.

on the look out
people haven't got a clue who say theyre all nackered..... take accident exchange cars at BCA in notts where i usually go.... there are hundreds of audi Q7's etc that have covered a few thousand miles.... or finance reposessions.... i would be less inclined to buy things entered privately unless you know your onions... many come with warranty... EG: the BMW group ones... all depends on the type of auction your going to.... there is usally a reason theyre at auction if theyre privately entered but ones entered by financial services etc are (usually) fine...

its true my outlaw buys all the time from the bca in beds. and his white van man sales in amptill is booming .you can always get a bargin

Civic Vtec y0
Was going to go to the BCA one at Edinburgh airport but didnt have the time last night. Its the only one close to me really, dont want to haul myself all the way thru 2 Glasgow lol!

Think ill go thru and see what I think, get a feeling for the place etc and then decide!

As people have said I have heard they can be some bargins to be found!