ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a phase 1 172 - please help

172 money pit
Hi all,

I went to see a lovely silver phase 1 172 yesterday, and everything looks good, but there was no cd changer under the passenger seat. Can anyone confirm that they were standard fit for these models?

If so, what are the options for replacing it? I'm guessing that Renault don't still stock them, so 2nd hand or an after market headunit /changer combo? Were they any good in the first place?

I binned all my cassettes ages ago, so a new headunit wouldn't be out of the question.

Thanks

Chris

I thought it was the Ph2's that came with a changer, not the Ph1.

But just buy a new HU with iPod connectivity and plug that in.

CD changer was standard fit on the Ph1 (they had a cassette head unit lol). It became optional during production of the Ph2.

They come up for sale on here occasionally for around £50. You need the changer, and the cable... I just sold both for £20.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If the leads there, just buy a changer plug in an job done.

If the leads not there its a pain in the ass so just buy a new headunit with ipod connections.

If the leads there, just buy a changer plug in an job done.

If the leads not there its a pain in the ass so just buy a new headunit with ipod connections.

Just a top dash removal. Can be installed in 30mins.

Saying that, iPods are the best option. You can get an aux adapter for the standard HU for around £30.