ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a Clio 182 - Discussion

172 + 350z
So I am currently selling my 1.8tdci focus and hopefully going to be getting a clio 182.
A lot of people have said don't leave the Ford scene, why are you going french etc etc but your always going to get haters lol.
I have done a fair amount of research and pretty sure I will be happy with the clio and they appear to have a excellent following and forum community.
Just still not 100% on what to put into the car price wise, Is 3k a good starting block?
Looking at using the car daily so wants to be a good one :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£3500 will buy you a very nice 182.

For that, expect one or two owners, full history, Cambelt at least 2 years left, both cup packs etc.

Welcome to the club, this place is amazing!

172 + 350z
Cheers guys, I can stretch to 3.5k if needed but want to make sure I am getting the best I can and a good car at the end of the day.
Being having a look around and viewed one seem to be a few duds out there, would prefer a standard one with both cup packs as that would be a really good base I feel.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Cheers guys, I can stretch to 3.5k if needed but want to make sure I am getting the best I can and a good car at the end of the day.
Being having a look around and viewed one seem to be a few duds out there, would prefer a standard one with both cup packs as that would be a really good base I feel.

A base for what?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The benefit of buying one from here from a member that has looked after it is you can check back on its history.

That'll be how ill never manage to sell mine to anyone LOL.

Welcome along btw.

172 + 350z
I get ya.

I fancied neons as well.

haha abit 90's? I was thinking more flick paint and big bore exhaust with bonnet scoop lol

Just prefer a clean starting block not saying I wouldn't buy a tastefully modified one though.

EDIT:
Just seen your motor for sale in the for sale section, very nice indeed and the mods are perfect!

Last edited:
  172 + 350z
The benefit of buying one from here from a member that has looked after it is you can check back on its history.

That'll be how ill never manage to sell mine to anyone LOL.

Welcome along btw.

Yer would be great if I could find one from a forum member as I know the vast majority will spoil there car.