ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying 197 new from dealer

Am planning on buying a new 197 (probs Cup) from a dealer but want to know the best prices/offers available anywhere at the moment so I can try to barter a good deal from them.

Any ideas whaere has offers at moment??

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
1st mistake.Stay away from a dealer.

Motorpoint,motor provider and drive the deal are the best sort of places to source one from.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Last one rolled out of the RenaultSport factory on tuesday.

yeah, there are new ones sat in dealers, and cancelled orders, but you will just have to search the networ, you cant spec one yourself.

i bought mine from a dealer second hand, there are tonnes out there with 6k - 10k miles on, at massively cheap prices. you could get one for 10k easy

Golf GTD Mk7
there are a few guys on the renault sport forum, dealer salesmen, who can get some great deals. Sign up and ask around. You might be suprised what they offer.

Nissan 350z
1st mistake.Stay away from a dealer.

Motorpoint,motor provider and drive the deal are the best sort of places to source one from.

I disagree, go to a dealer, then another, and play them against each other, I would not touch the likes of motorpoint with a bargepole with their imports.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
some on here yesterday was asking why his 197 wasnt selling,
18k on the clock i think,
about the 10-11k mark thou.
just a thought.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
just a thought.

The reason it ain't selling is easy.

No cup packs & no recaros.

Renaultsport 200
LOL whats all this talk about motorpoint?

Id rather buy shares in woolworths than buy a car from motorpoint!

as long as its a uk car who cares where it comes from. covered by a warranty so why worry. buy it from whoever does it cheapest

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nope, only 200s from now on.

They have been out for 3 yearsish!

And the 200s only a facelift.

Mini Cooper S sport
Just find a nearly new one, wouldn't bother buying new.

I did but it was pre-reg and that's the only reason.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
just a thought.

8k on the clock, 1 lady owner. Immaculate! Never driven hard either ;) cleaner than new!

Black Gold with cup packs
You will get a year old cup now for around £10500, best bet if you ask me! most I have seen on the market at this price have sub 10kmiles as well. even as low as 4k

fair enough lol. tbf i am swapping my seats for some proper recaro buckets, so am probably in the minority.

having seen the number of people whos seats have collapsed after 6k miles, i am glad i didnt bother having them. they sit higher than standard seats too lol which doesnt help the driving position

White clique
just a thought.

i have a 57 plate with 18k miles and i'll be pleased to get 9k for it (which is why i am PXing it for £8850, taking the money and run). There have been some used 197s that have been kicking about for ages on ebay / autotrader etc, they are proving hard to sell at the moment.

I got my 197 when it was 4 months old with just 1800 miles on the clock, inc options it was £17,200 list, i got it for £13k.

Nearly new is the sensible way forward IMO.

Nissan 350z
It's all to do with that little plate in the car, not spec! You could have a newer 197 with the same options as an r27 and you would get less.