ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its cos they are in your email account, either upload them to photobucket or if you want I'll send you my email addy and you can forward them on to me and I'll do it for you. Care in the community style.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Gearbox pic tony sent to me!

60B91224-DE82-46E6-9D59-D9C31160C718.gif

Gearbox pic tony sent to me!

60B91224-DE82-46E6-9D59-D9C31160C718.gif

Flipping hell that is destroyed. Lol i can just see martins face when you give him that.

There is a box currentley at agency having a diff fitted. Brand new box from renault too not yours is it??

Hope you get it all sorted

182cup & 172 racecar
As far as I know, not everybody else seems to realise the urgency of the situation. Oh the loom was damaged as well.

182cup & 172 racecar
Not a lot. It was done by a place that build race engines.
Wanted to know power of car, what it reved to etc etc.
So not a back street outfit.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Looks like the bit the clutch bolts to has broken away from the flywheel. Clutch attached at one side still, massive unbalance created and its sheared all the flywheel bolts.

You can see the remaining half of the thread where the clutch was attached in this

download_20140507_105324_zpsijhm2lbb.jpg

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like the bit the clutch bolts to has broken away from the flywheel. Clutch attached at one side still, massive unbalance created and its sheared all the flywheel bolts.

You can see the remaining half of the thread where the clutch was attached in this

download_20140507_105324_zpsijhm2lbb.jpg
not sure what you're saying there Danny, what's actually failed first, the clutch-flywheel bolts themselves or have the threaded holes in the flywheel been stripped etc. is the flywheel still in one piece?
russ

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I'm pretty sure bits of the flywheel were pulled out of the engine bay whilst at combe Russ..

My gut feeling is the flywheel bolts let go but just speculation tbh

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member

I'm pretty sure bits of the flywheel were pulled out of the engine bay whilst at combe Russ..

My gut feeling is the flywheel bolts let go but just speculation tbh

Well yes that would be the sensible assumption mate but you know what they say about assumption!
Russ

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ass me you?

Anyway main thing is Tony can get it all back together hopefully :)

What Dan is saying, I think, is that part of the flywheel where one of the clutch cover bolts goes in has come away, you can see this in the pic. This allowed the bolt to come loose. As the clutch cover moved once the bolt had gone the whole lot went out of balance and vibrated itself apart.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
What Dan is saying, I think, is that part of the flywheel where one of the clutch cover bolts goes in has come away, you can see this in the pic. This allowed the bolt to come loose. As the clutch cover moved once the bolt had gone the whole lot went out of balance and vibrated itself apart.

Bingo. Only a theory, as I only have the above pic to go on, but its logical to me, as the clutch looks still attached one side