ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
Just finished re-reading this thread from the beginning (took a few weeks off and on)

Just wanted to say thank you again for all the nice comments, messages of support, people who attended the races to watch and all the help we have had from so many people. Its been a brilliant journey and i've got so many great memories.

Thank you guys and gals, its been awesome

182T
I haven't posted on this thread before but have read most of it and communicated with Tony a couple of times - and even from my side its been an enjoyable journey! How strange.

Is your journey taking you away from racing for now Jay?

172 Race Car
Yes it is. Other things i need to take care of now. It was a hard decision but the right one. Racing at the level we did in 2012 takes time and mental commitment, 2 things i dont have anymore.

I enjoy the writing as much as i enjoyed doing the things i wrote about. That will carry on for sure

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Been a good few years, really enjoyed seeing you and tony move up the grid and have some very good times!

Thanks for that!

You going to all the races or just selected ones?

WRX
Well it's about time you "came out" Jay!!!!
Best of luck for the future, are you still doing the vids and updates?

172 Race Car
Been a good few years, really enjoyed seeing you and tony move up the grid and have some very good times!

Thanks for that!

You going to all the races or just selected ones?
Mike your commitment and help has been invaluable, i cant thank you enough. I may be at one or two races but will be working most weekends
Well it's about time you "came out" Jay!!!!
Best of luck for the future, are you still doing the vids and updates?
i thought it was old news by now mate.
http://burpspeedblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/all-change/

Yes we are hoping that normal service continues, the only difference is i wont be driving the car at weekends

182cup & 172 racecar
Well, with Rockingham looming very fast around the corner, this weekend infact,Sat 6th April. I noticed that there was a trackday there on Sunday and Monday.

After finishing work at a reasonable time on Mon, I thought, give them a ring and see whats what. No answer!, made the decision to go anyway and see if I could get on after lunch.

Arrived, spoke to Will, and before I new it, it was noise check, 97.1db and off we go.

Went out on the R1R's to start with (as these were already on the car), lol, after going backwards into, out of every corner, they started to get warm, and got into a nice rhythm for 4 laps then the tyres gave up :(. So on with the Direzza's and here we go again, backwards, sideways everywhere.

After 3 laps of bum clenching everything settled down nicely, even got myself taking Turn 1 flat in 5th !!.

So all went well, and now feel ready for this coming weekend. Just seemed strange doing it all on my own.

Be good to see some faces, if anybody can make it :).

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Good luck tony if I don't text you Saturday!
Would of come up and helped if i knew you was racing, already made plans to go to wales that weekend!

Able to help at silverstone if needed!?

182cup & 172 racecar
I'd have loved to come but I'm at a proper track. Good luck though.:cheers:

Thankyou.

Good luck tony if I don't text you Saturday!
Would of come up and helped if i knew you was racing, already made plans to go to wales that weekend!

Able to help at silverstone if needed!?

Ok Mike, I'll let you know how I do, asap on Sat.

No commitment Mike.

Ill be there as early as I can, hopefully before scrutineering T-Man.

Sausage sandwiches after Qualifying ;)

What time is it chap?

I'll head over as i'm up that way this weekend :)

Edit: Ignore this. I've just checked. I'll try and be over for 10ish, so I may miss qualifying, but I'll be there for the two races. Let me know if I can help at all.

If anyone else wants to see what the provisional timetable looks like, its here;

http://www.rockingham.co.uk/raceevents/timetables/2013/brscc6_7april.pdf

See you Sat Oli. :)

Well, with Rockingham looming very fast around the corner, this weekend infact,Sat 6th April. I noticed that there was a trackday there on Sunday and Monday.

After finishing work at a reasonable time on Mon, I thought, give them a ring and see whats what. No answer!, made the decision to go anyway and see if I could get on after lunch.

Arrived, spoke to Will, and before I new it, it was noise check, 97.1db and off we go.

Went out on the R1R's to start with (as these were already on the car), lol, after going backwards into, out of every corner, they started to get warm, and got into a nice rhythm for 4 laps then the tyres gave up :(. So on with the Direzza's and here we go again, backwards, sideways everywhere.

After 3 laps of bum clenching everything settled down nicely, even got myself taking Turn 1 flat in 5th !!.

So all went well, and now feel ready for this coming weekend. Just seemed strange doing it all on my own.

Be good to see some faces, if anybody can make it :).

Nice one, would've come over if you'd said you we're on way, there. Same track as for the race?
We'll be there if no one else is....just got to time the qualifying right to go out as you're going through Tarzan and you'll pick me up at Dean...got to show these turbo nutters a few things or two.

53 Clio's & counting
Just finished re-reading this thread from the beginning (took a few weeks off and on)

Just wanted to say thank you again for all the nice comments, messages of support, people who attended the races to watch and all the help we have had from so many people. Its been a brilliant journey and i've got so many great memories.

Thank you guys and gals, its been awesome

Didn't realise Jay, I'm sure you will be back the seat soon mate x

182cup & 172 racecar
What a stroke of luck, yesterday we were on the International Super Sportscar Long circuit 2.05miles. Just got finals through, and it's on that very same circuit.

Clio 172
If I had known you were definatly going on Monday I would have come along. All the best for Saturday but the same as Adam I'm at a proper track so can't come and spectate.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'll be there Tony prob lend a hand if needed, but depends on when I get Petes finished if I'll be any use, or sleeping in a corner.

What a stroke of luck, yesterday we were on the International Super Sportscar Long circuit 2.05miles. Just got finals through, and it's on that very same circuit.

I got told it was on the "B" circuit when I asked ages ago, not had regs etc through yet either..track map here. Link to post 1267 in my thread.

They are pretty much the most disorganised club (of any club for any sport etc) that I've come across.

182cup & 172 racecar
I got told it was on the "B" circuit when I asked ages ago, not had regs etc through yet either..track map here. Link to post 1267 in my thread.

They are pretty much the most disorganised club (of any club for any sport etc) that I've come across.

It's not all down to them Pete, the day is run by the BRSCC who seem just as bad imo.

It's on the forum, I'll try and find the link, but it said def circuit C, so uses the Pif Paf. And we are in the outer Paddock ffs.