ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Llandow Trackday - 24-Aug-2013

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
20130824_llandowburp_001.jpg

Here's a selection of photos from the recent Burpspeed organised trackday at Llandow circuit. It's not very often we get a dry day at Llandow; I think this may have been the first dry Burpspeed day.

Note:
To those who took part in this trackday, details for getting a copy of your photo(s) are provided towards the end of the post. :) I'll apologise now to those who took part. Whilst I managed to capture everyone (I think!) some of the photos came out better than others! Definitely in need of more practice.

Look, blue skies:

20130824_llandowburp_137.jpg

Out on track:

20130824_llandowburp_011.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_012.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_022.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_029.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_034.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_043.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_054.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_056.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_059.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_063.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_066.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_068.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_070.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_078.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_084.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_087.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_088.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_089.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_093.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_096.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_097.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_100.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_110.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_112.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_123.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_135.jpg

Check out this cheeky f**ker...! :p

20130824_llandowburp_128.jpg

My reply... :clown:

20130824_llandowburp_139.jpg

You can see more photos from the trackday on the following link:

http://fullyfuelled.com/media-view....h BurpSpeed.com&url=2013/20130824_llandowburp

If you would like a copy of the high-resolution photo(s) then please make a note of the image number(s) you are interested in. The image numbers can be found just under the bottom-left of the photo when browing using the link I provided above. Once you've made a note then please e-mail me with your numbers:

andy(at)fullyfuelled.com

I will send you the high-resolution images (which won't have the watermark on). As I took several hundred photos it is quite possible that I have additional photos of you/your car on track. Please state if you would also like a copy of those photos, too. Due to my rather average ability with the camera I have to confess that some of them are poorer than others so please don't expect Dan Freeman levels of consistency and quality! LOL!

One final note. Despite living in a fairly modern housing area my Internet connection struggles to get above half a meg. So once you've e-mailed me with your numbers then I graciously ask you please be patient whilst I sort through the images and get them e-mailed back to you.

Many thanks,
Andy

EDIT: For social media / networking types, here's the facebook link to the images. Please feel free to tag and share.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.544767262256817.1073741833.176654329068114&type=1

Last edited:

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
The cheeky f***ers Clio has got glowing rear discs - is that a trick of the light or was the handbrake stuck on??!!

Superb Andy. I'll drop you an email at lunch with some t67 requests :)

The sighting lap looks like I'm holding everyone up lol!!!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Great pictures from what I've seen so far. There's hundreds! I'll have to look properly when I get home :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks folks - I'll get onto the e-mailing later tonight. :)

Great pics!!

Not an easy job trying to get everyone, and in the same way is it ;)

​ANd I knew it would be f**king sunny!!!!
Very true, mate. It's not an easy job!

I'm certainly not one to blame my tools (LOL!) but I was struggling with my lens. I still haven't got the 'L' lens back I would have liked to use (needs repair) and the lens I did use, which has also been repaired, was not working reliably in any of the AI modes or burst mode! As a result I shot most of them 'one shot' which made things awkward. Also, it's not particularly fast and even though it was a bright day I was struggling with ISO's 100 and 200 so ended up shooting 320 and 400 earlier on. :( There may well have been ways to get around this but I'm not clued up enough to be honest. Still, I enjoyed it and it makes me appreciate more what you do and how good a photographer you are to maintain such consistent image quality time after time.

Oh yes, it was nice and sunny. Probably the first and only dry Burpspeed / Llandow day we'll ever see... :p

Cracking photos, was a really good day out
what camera did you use?
Thanks mate - I used an (aging) Canon EOS 40D.

The cheeky f***ers Clio has got glowing rear discs - is that a trick of the light or was the handbrake stuck on??!!
You know what... as I was bombing through the pics trying to get them online, I hadn't even noticed!

Great pictures from what I've seen so far. There's hundreds! I'll have to look properly when I get home :)
There's a load more I didn't put up mate. I've discarded loads but still have around another 150 photos on top of those I've posted online.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Brilliant pics Andy, thanks for taking time out.. let me know when you organise a track day ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
LOL at the rear disc glowing on the RB.

​Nice shots Andy.

I beleive the glowing rear disk is because the wheel bearing had failed and hence on the right handers its was causing the disk to lean over and make contact, Ive certainly never seen a clio with a glowing REAR disk in normal circumstances before!

Only other option that springs to mind is if the rear caliper was sticking on, but the car seemed to be going far too well for that to be the case!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant pics Andy, thanks for taking time out.. let me know when you organise a track day ;)
No problem mate. And I most certainly will let you know! :) Incidentally, there is a driving holiday / tour being planned for the latter part of next year if you're interested?

Great pics!

What happened to the Elise? Saw it getting towed in after a few laps.
Yeah, the Elise broke down mate. The driver couldn't make it until late in the day so he only managed about 5-6 laps before it broke! No idea what the damages was/is though. Mind you, I think he lost the back end and spun it more times than he managed completed laps! :rofl:

dci clio track toy..
i followed him though bus stop and spinnnnn. me and matt was ln bits , he got on power way to early, patientence is needed there

dci clio track toy..
Cheers rich ...
If you watch my video u see the lotus spin and hear me and matt chuckle .. he lost it very early

WRX
He was taking the totally wrong line when I followed him. In, in, out, off, seemed to be being used. Warned those around me when I came in, I put it down to being a novice.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Tony told us off for that too lol, I just felt the benefit would be none existent due to the brief time I would be in 4 th but I was probably wrong lol

See funny thing is he told me to go into 4th there just as I passed the pit lane.

i was overtaking much quicker when I changed into 4th then when I stayed in third the whole straight

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The Dog Kennel's looking mighty, apart from my splitter half hanging off,
shame they're slightly spoiled by the fat kid with the mumps behind the wheel.

20130824_llandowburp_053.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_062.jpg

20130824_llandowburp_100.jpg

Thanks for spending your day shooting,
​you must have been bloody hot standing out there all day?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments guys.

Thanks for spending your day shooting,
​you must have been bloody hot standing out there all day?
No problem, mate. Glad to be able to grab a few photos for people. :)

As for being hot... it was quite warm as the area I stood in was a bit of a sun trap. It didn't stop the breeze whipping across the circuit though. The result? Windburn and cracked lips for a couple of days. But it was worth it. :)

Great photos Andy. I'll send you an email over the weekend about the photos.
Yep - no problem mate. Whenever is convenient. :)