ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bumpstrips on doors rattling...

1998 BMW e46 323i
the colour coded strips on the exterior of the doors,.. How do you remove them and secure them? Mine rattle to death!

Petrol Blue 182.
the slide out i think, theres also a screw some where on the inside of the door behing a bung iirc, no nails should secure them, they have on mine lol

Chocolate Bar™
best bet is to slide the strip off, and then use some blobs of silicone to stop them rattling off the metal. that way if you force them they will eventually come off. otherwise foam mounting tape will do the job

1998 BMW e46 323i
it seems the mounting points aren't the problem, it's the design of the trim, being hollow. I used more 'no more nails' last night than handy andy has ever seen! Had a tube lying round. Didn't really work. It's about as adhesive as water! Silicone or even tape may be a better bet tho yeah.