ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper repairable?

535d / t5 caravelle
Thoughts on this please? Can it be repaired or is it new bumper time?

d8cbb52d361b8d4744b7fa13346ce558.jpg
e39446436163b09a73a82f7350271942.jpg
c6e4f462ef7518c55d4587b6325673f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yes that can be repaired, it could be plastic welded or you can use some epoxy glue and a bit of filler etc.

Listerine & Poledo
zip ties.
"quick release" fasteners.

Alternatively, let my main man on products advise you on which adhesive you should look at....

535d / t5 caravelle
Yes that can be repaired, it could be plastic welded or you can use some epoxy glue and a bit of filler etc.
Going to get it plastic welded all being well, not cheap these bumpers!
zip ties.
"quick release" fasteners.

Alternatively, let my main man on products advise you on which adhesive you should look at....

Zip ties as in drift stitching haha!

If it was an old shagger i would.

Quite interesting vid that, should you need some super sticking power, presume bodywork shops have decent glues.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Bodyshop will be able to repair that no problem. Theres a mega strong trade adhesive/epoxy for stuff like this possibly made by 3m from memory.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Everything can be repaired... To what standard is a different discussion. Those bumpers are pretty cheap though, buy second hand straight one.

535d / t5 caravelle
Bodyshop will be able to repair that no problem. Theres a mega strong trade adhesive/epoxy for stuff like this possibly made by 3m from memory.

This is what I’m hoping

Everything can be repaired... To what standard is a different discussion. Those bumpers are pretty cheap though, buy second hand straight one.

I’ll try and get it repaired, if it’s a decent standard, happy days! If not, new bumper time, there around £300 quid second hand,then I have to find one in the right colour preferably, then it has to be local enough to pick up, there’s only one on ebay at the minute, and that’s in white and 95 miles away, £285 plus £25 postage, plus respray, that’s got to be near £500, it’s a jcw/aero bumper not a bog standard s one.

535d / t5 caravelle
Edit there’s some numbers on one of the pics, not sure which ones serial number?

535d / t5 caravelle
I thought @gally was referring to serial as being 'serious'?

Could just be me!
Erm.........

Thats a new one to me lol.

But i guess your probably right haha.

Another one on ebay only £449.50 this one, think hes taking the piss!

535d / t5 caravelle
Helpfull link or just taking the piss saying I need parking sensors?

Either way..... cheers lol.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I work for bmw as a Senior ATA Panel Technician. Yes it can be plastic welded, hot stapled, epoxy glued, reinforced with matting behind it .... but... with it being a mounting point with the 30 torx bolt in it the chances are it's going to break off again. Depends on how good of a job you want really. R56 jcw? You got a reg I'll see how much brand new

535d / t5 caravelle
I work for bmw as a Senior ATA Panel Technician. Yes it can be plastic welded, hot stapled, epoxy glued, reinforced with matting behind it .... but... with it being a mounting point with the 30 torx bolt in it the chances are it's going to break off again. Depends on how good of a job you want really. R56 jcw? You got a reg I'll see how much brand new

Much appreciated! Car reg is ym05 wbo r53 cooper s, the bumpers a jcw/aero bumper though, suppose I’d just be happy with it being reinforced at the minute till I source a new/used one, the cracks out of sight when the bonnets shut, just sags a little on that side.