ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket seats in Midlands - owners look!

Not a poxy Renault
Right, I'm on the verge of driving to Demon Tweeks this weekend, which, according to routefinder, is a 5 1/2 hour round trip! The reason is that i really want a decent fixed bucket and because I've recently had a few problems with my back, the fit has got to be right. I can't seem to find anywhere nearer who has the seats in stock that I really want to try out so I'm putting out this request for anyone who has the following seats anywhere within about an hour of Northampton to let me have a 10 min sit in them!:
Recaro furious / pole position / apex
Cobra Imola or Suzuka in GT width (normal width curves my shoulders round too much)
I'd really appreciate any help
Thanks
Tom

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the Imola S but not in GT width, you're welcome to try them though!

Bus w**ker
www.sportseats4u.co.uk are in Nottingham. Not sure if they have a show room or owt but it's worth a ring I suppose? They sell Imolas and Suzuka GTs, and Recaro Trendlines ;). Good prices too.

Probably less than 70 miles from you so only about an hour ish.

Not a poxy Renault
Thanks Rich, I've tried the normal width seats and while they have a fantastic hold, I think the posture they give me will just knacker my back up even more (most standard width cobra's roll my shoulders and upper spine forward). Very driving focussed but the trouble is that at the minute I'm doing about 300 miles per week, so I'm looking for that magic combination of comfort and support.
Sports seats4U don't have a showroom, they said if i wanted to try any seats go to tweeks but buy from them!
Capitol seating are only about 25 miles away aswell, but its a similar story, I might be able to have a go in a few Recaro's there that are waiting to be shipped out to customers, but it all depends on timing, they have no showroom stock.
GPR are only down the road aswell but only have 6 seats on display, all of which I've tried and don't like, including various sparco's and a standard width Suzuka.

Last edited:

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh k, I find mine ok tbh, maybe a tad shallow but apart from that I'm really pleased with them. I do around 200-250 miles a week and I never feel uncomfortable in them.

Out of the ones you've listed I'd say the pole positions if you can afford them!

Lionel Richie
i've got misanos and suzuka techs, all normal width though

Imola's give you a dead leg/arse after about 1hour