ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket Seats, where can i try them out in South East, Gatwick area?

Clio 1.5 dci
Hi guys,

I have a Clio 182 and its going to be goring through a few more changes, going to be getting buckets and harness' mainly for track use and getting too and from track. I don't want to commit to anything for sale on the forum or from demon tweeks before I have had a sit in a few and got a good feel for snugness. Anywhere in the south near Gatwick ideally that has a few I can try out?

Other plans include a smaller wheel as the standard one is just daft and at a silly angle. Do people tend to add a spacer onto the boss? Or get a dished steering wheel, thinking 320/330mm is a good wheel size to go.

At the moment I have a half cage to go in to give it that race car look, stripped a lot of the car already. Got Ferrodo pads on standard discs up front, ProRace 1.2 wheels wrapped in yokohama AD08R however maybe the car is a little stiff due to the cook sport springs or the tires don't suit the car but you really have to try and rotate the car round with the steering wheel upsetting the balance a little or it just over steers. Car has a number of other mods and it has already been on track.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm keen to get a pair of buckets, fit the cage whilst I have the standard seats out and get the wheel as well so I can nail the driving position.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I can't help on the trying before you buy front I'm afraid, but I recently bought an OMP TRS-E seat for my track car and chose the size based off measurements I'd taken from my trophy seat. Places like Demontweeks often give you the measurements for the size you are buying so if you have access to a road car with a seat that fits just right, take a measurment and get closest to that.

Best of luck !

Clio 1.5 dci
I can't help on the trying before you buy front I'm afraid, but I recently bought an OMP TRS-E seat for my track car and chose the size based off measurements I'd taken from my trophy seat. Places like Demontweeks often give you the measurements for the size you are buying so if you have access to a road car with a seat that fits just right, take a measurment and get closest to that.

Best of luck !

Ok mate, thanks a lot. I think tomorrow ill have a chat with demon tweeks as they seem to be helpful everytime i have rung in the past. dont suppose you have the number of the chap who can provide additional discount through the forum on demon tweeks do you?

Megane R26
I got a corbeau clubsport for sale. I live in hailsham but am at my girlfriends in Edenbridge a couple of times a week. which is near yours so feel free to pop round and try the seat.

My clio is on semi slicks, Grams springs (very similar to cooksport) cup dampers, rear arb etc, you can have a drive, see what you think of the set up, it's lovely for fast road after I had the geometry and camber set up locally.

There's a very easy mod to lower the steering column angle more, helped me with steering wheel position after I fitted boss and smaller dished steering wheel.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.5 dci
Hi mate, sorry for the late reply. That's really kind of you to offer that if its still for sale. Can I pop round today? Would be good to just take it up and down the road and you can show me that mod for the steering column if possible.

Cheers.

Clio 1.5 dci
I got a corbeau clubsport for sale. I live in hailsham but am at my girlfriends in Edenbridge a couple of times a week. which is near yours so feel free to pop round and try the seat.

My clio is on semi slicks, Grams springs (very similar to cooksport) cup dampers, rear arb etc, you can have a drive, see what you think of the set up, it's lovely for fast road after I had the geometry and camber set up locally.

There's a very easy mod to lower the steering column angle more, helped me with steering wheel position after I fitted boss and smaller dished steering wheel.

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply. That's really kind of you to offer that if its still for sale. Can I pop round today? Would be good to just take it up and down the road and you can show me that mod for the steering column if possible.

Cheers.

Megane R26

Cheers.

Hey. Im not In Edenbridge tonight but there sat evening? I'm in hailsham most of the time. It's actually my partner that lives in Edenbridge. Happy to let you have a drive.

Megane R26
Hey. Im not In Edenbridge tonight but there sat evening? I'm in hailsham most of the time. It's actually my partner that lives in Edenbridge. Happy to let you have a drive.

Also, I have organised a car meet on Sunday if you're interested, they'll be a few clios and other bits.

Clio 1.5 dci
Also, I have organised a car meet on Sunday if you're interested, they'll be a few clios and other bits.

Hi mate,

Sorry for the delay in response, need to make more use of the forum. Oh tidy nice one thanks for letting me know about the meet, obviously I missed it but would be keen come along in the future. Also have a C5 Audi RS6 Avant that is having a few bits done but that might make an appearance down the line as well.

All week nights I'm free, ill check the forum more often as to when you can make it. No idea what the rules are but can always shoot me a text - 07943839166

Cheers

One thing I would say is that if you find a seat that feels comfy, get your phone out and spend 20 minutes or so sitting in it - like beds and shoes, 30 seconds in a shop is not the same as 3 hours on a motorway, and what can feel comfy at first can develop into crippling pain with time!

FWIW, Racetech seats are the only seats I've found that are actually shaped like the human spine, rather than just being a flat bit of plastic!