ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bubbles In Coolant? - Help?

225 meg, clio 172 ex
Same here, i've only ever heard of the 1.2s going not the F4R. We sahll see

Ive got a 1.2 and its had HG twice on that and its only just got 72k on it,

On the other hand i am having some coolant issues with my 172 Atm......

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've only done one 1.2 HG but it lasted up until he sold it and it was around 75k, but i've heard about quite a few. I'm sure Rob's will be fine he is probably being fussy;) although he siad it's not blowing out hot air but that can be for a number of reasons.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I think this is too bigger job for even our almighty skills, so fear not! LOL

Fank thuck for that.

Stupid question, but some guy that turns up at my house once in a while (not you) thinks you're going to FCS early on Saturday morning...?

Care to confirm your plans !?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry?? Someone that turns up??? Who?

It's Sunday morning dude, not Saturday!

I'm not one of the horrendously early crew (the 5:00am'ers) I'm more an 8:30...

Oh, and I've checked everything over tonight, I think the issues may have been a combination of a very hot morning and a small air lock... seems to be all good now...

New coolant and thermostat are a must (this job is of the correct magnitude for your drive).

LY R26 #288
I've never heard of a water pump or HG failing on a F4R................... yet...

I just done my water pump. Was making a terrible grinding noise but wasn't leaking or causing any problems. The bearing must of been shagged.

So they do go :p

Mk5 golf gti
I've NEVER seen an f4r with HGF,

I've seen the air box catch the coolant return pipe to the tank split on the side of the air box

But if it's not leaking, I would change thermostat etc as they always get left

Just done mine coincidently

BMW M135i
Define bubbling? i.e. bubbling in the bottom of the bottle or just where its coming up the return?

I'd be very surprised if its got hgf on a standard engine, possibly imaginig a problem where there isn't one.

ITB'd MK1
I've NEVER seen an f4r with HGF,

I have. Rare though. metal head gaskets are very good in general.

your heaters/blowers diagnosis is the reverse of HG diagnosis normally. Blowing cold when you turn the heaters on would be HG symptom/telltale.

I recon you have a small leak somewhere.

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Ring me if you need anything, oh and if you need a compression tester gimme a shout ;)