ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC Final @ Brands Hatch GP

Oil Burner
As I'm pretty sure most of you know, it was the BTCC Final at Brands Hatch last weekend.

Out of all of the races of the season i have been looking forward to this one the most. Not only because it is the final, but it is also to my mind one of the most photogenic circuits on the calendar and right on my doorstep.

The weather on Saturday was gorgeous, so many nice autumn colours out the back of the circuit. But in stark contrast Sunday was a truly miserable day, nevertheless i still enjoyed it.

I must also say thanks to Ryan (fastworld images) for the loan on the 400mm, it was brilliant to get my hands on a fast prime telephoto for once.

Anyway, enough of me - here are some pics (only the weird/different ones) C&C much appreciated!

1. Newish angle...

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-7593-L.jpg

2. Slightly different angle to the norm

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-2842-L.jpg

3. 400mm portrait lens - yup watermark ruins this one.

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-2519-L.jpg

4. New angle?

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-8284-L.jpg

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-3061-L.jpg

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-9043-L.jpg

7. Lacking wheel blur :(

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-2654-L.jpg

8. I'm a bit addicted to this angle lately

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-9183-L.jpg

9. Different take on the packshot

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-3137-L.jpg

10. Glad i had left Ryan's 400mm in the car at this point!

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-0448-L.jpg

11. Celebrations

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-0067-L.jpg

12. Well deserved champion

BTCCBRANDSHATCHGP-0900-L.jpg

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
We had tickets to go to this bit kinda glad we didn't because of the awful weather! Good to see Gordon win the championship!

Superb shots, racing was good but the mud and abysmal weather made for a pretty depressing day out sadly. Having attempted to take some pictures in the conditions myself I've even more respect for what you've achieved given the weather etc you were working with.

182cup & 172 racecar
I must have walked past you Nick on Sat.

We walked all around the circuit that day.

Good pics as always.

Oil Burner
We had tickets to go to this bit kinda glad we didn't because of the awful weather! Good to see Gordon win the championship!

It was certainly a fairly miserable day weather wise. I was frankly astonished at the number of fans that did brave it!

Cracking shots as per usual Nick! Top work. :)

Cheers mate!

Superb shots, racing was good but the mud and abysmal weather made for a pretty depressing day out sadly. Having attempted to take some pictures in the conditions myself I've even more respect for what you've achieved given the weather etc you were working with.

Cheers Turkish! Yes it was less than the perfect day. But equally i've got too many shots of brands GP in the sun, so at least it was something a bit different!

Very nice mate. I like 4. And how on earth did you do pic 8?

8 is shot through some trees on the straight just after Surtees - maybe one of my favourite angles i've discovered this year. And not copied to this point!

I must have walked past you Nick on Sat.

We walked all around the circuit that day.

Good pics as always.

We probably did! I kept an eye out and had a quick catchup with Dan and Jay over lunch. Hopefully catch you at a race next season!

Crikey you must have been stood near me a fair bit - I was with the AMD lads with the Golf

I took my 70-200 but due to the rain I got hardly any shots, mostly just people in and around the pits
Some cracking shots mate - love the angle of #4

400mm p**n!