ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB exhaust feedback

a thirsty one
Collected a BTB system cat back for my 182 at the weekend and fitted it this morning, took my car to my brothers garage and it was expecting it to be fiddly with it being 2 silencers and tail pipes getting it all lined up and fitting right however i couldnt have been any further wide of the mark, after cutting the old system off it took about 15 minutes to bolt up the new system.

the fit was the best i have ever delt with everything is in the right place and the right angle, it bolted right on with no messing and the 2 tail pipes fit dead centre without any adjustments at all, every other aftermarket system i have had (non before on my 182) has always needed some tweeking with joints or tailpipe position but this was build quality and design above anything i have seen/fitted before.

this isnt a negative thread/comment about and other brand of 182 exhausts because i havnt tried any others or fitted any this is merely stating the fitment was out of this world on the btb.

its quite subtle on idle and at low revs under partial throttle it sounds nice once you climb up the rev range the induction noise drowns it out, just what i was after a well built stainless steel system, no hassle and subtle but still giving you that few extra dbl.

well worth the extra, cheers to the friendly guys at shed motorsport.

BTB are very very good at their job, they arent any old exhaust manufacturer.

Their custom systems cost alot for a reason, so the off the shelf example is extreemly competitively priced.

S1RST/205GTI
Nice one mate,i have one on order:)
Have you noticed any gains in performance,other threads say you can tell a differance?

Da

Less
Paul, if you look up the fmp (shed motorsport) thread in Parts Forsale there is a graph posted up showing the gains. Though from memory they are only 3/4bhp mid range I believe.

clio 200 F4Rt
Nice one mate,i have one on order:)
Have you noticed any gains in performance,other threads say you can tell a differance?

You should be able to feel the car rev with more urgency, and feel the benefit mid range.

When we first fitted it to our 182 the car woul dpull clean to the red line in all gears (even in 5th!), where as with a standard system it wouldnt pull as hard at higher speeds.

Oh and dont forget, the power run etc was all done on a standard mapped car with a panel filter.

Combine it with ported inlets etc and a decent Remap and the increases will be even more.

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Glad to have another satisfied customer. I'm particularly pleased that you can see, and no doubt soon be able to feel where the extra money has been spent. Far too many people knock the BTB purely on the basis of its price, but it's actually probably the best value system out there (IMO of course)

Recaro'd 182
How much is this system and where did you get it?
Can you post a vid of it on idle want to see how subtle it is.

a thirsty one
springer - couldnt really say i only had time to fit it and then had to goto work and its only a short journey once its coked up and settled in i will take it for a spin and get back to you, i will say the car does seem to pick up a little smoother from low revs in a high gear, i.e 30mph in 5th using light throttle it picks up smoother than before.

Joe/matt when i got home and had a good look at the welds they were some of the best my brother even showed it to a few of the other mechanics before bolting it up under the car, it was almost a waste to hide them underneath lol. As for the price when you look at the amount of metal your actually getting it is at the end of the day a twin silencer system i think the price is pretty good, quality doesnt come cheap.

mark989 - i think there are already some vids try youtube or google videos (i think those vids may have a decat as well so they are a bit louder on the vids as a result) and the price was a show price of 475 pounds, i can only say if your after a gentleman's exhaust system that has a little more bass to it at idle and under acceleration without drawing unwanted attention this could be what your after.

matt it was nice to meet you, i have added the shed motorsport stickers to my steed in a subtle place down on the front bumper bottom corners near the wheels, cheers.

john

Last edited:
  a thirsty one
yeah no problem matt will take some on thursday i must warn you though im no professional with the camera but i will do my best will nip to my brothers garage and try and get a few from underneath as well as some from the rear, will send them to you later this week.

Lionel Richie
who was the shed dude that was having a nose aroung our blue car?? you should've come said hello whilst i was busy bleeding brakes

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
That would have probably have been Mat as i couldn't make it, although there were a few people there that have Shed tee-shirts so it could have been one of those guys.

a thirsty one
matt have just e-mailed you a few pics mate, i would post them in here but i dont know how.

let me know if any problems with them.

still well happy with mine 8 months on, no movement sounds amazing, and no more flat spots pulls so much better imo. post the pics !!!

clio 200 F4Rt
pics...

S5000300-vi.jpg

S5000302-vi.jpg

S5000307-vi.jpg

S5000309-vi.jpg

looking good :D

a thirsty one
i think i should have rotated the third pic before e-mailing you dohh.

note the cheeky silver brakes calipers as well, i have had it RR twice before, once after a few thousand miles and then a year later once nicely bed in, now i have added itg panel filter and btb exhaust will have another done towards the end of the year prob around November time, matt I will send you the results.

a thirsty one
now i've had it on a few days and manged to find a bit of clear road i would say yes it does, smoother at low revs (especially when in a higher gear at low speeds) and smoothed out the flat spot, overall it does make it a smoother drive and driveability is what its all about. (you still have the kick though)

when accelarating hard and changing gear at high revs it picks back up quickly as well, i would hope maybe an extra bhp or two and prob an extra few pounds of torque but will have to wait for a RR.

im fairly confident there will be some gains im very happy with it.

I looked at Saner's BTB exhaust a few weeks back, and the quality looked superb! better than any other i've seen.

the fit was perfect too, and the simple tailpipe design was spot on!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lol, just been off for a week with the gf, mucho £££ spent :( Only thing that *slightly* bugs me about the BTB is the rear boxes are more visable than the Milltek......

VRS
yeah i know what you mean fella, although once you have had a blast in a btb 182 and a miltek 182 you will deffo know which ones the wise choice!

although if you look at the exhaust from a 'normal' level they arent very visable

this is the best pic ive got which shows this:

carcleanaug07002.jpg