ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB Exhaust and what decat? Advice needed!

I am thinking about decatting my BTB exhaust system -

Any difference between these 3 or does anyone know of a better one?

Yozza - http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/proddet...rt_clio_182_cup_trophy_decat_link_pipe&cat=66

K Tec - http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1901

Or a Scorpion at £50 from ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCORPION-De-c...ryZ10410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have also consider the new ktec 2.5" ultra high performance range, which would mean cutting my centre section which would cause problems if i needed to put the standard cat back in.

either - http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2492
or - http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2493

A sports cat doesnt seam worth it really ....

Also considered having my cat modified for higher flow at mark fish.

Just cant decided ... any advice?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Never had any experience with any of the above, I have a GDI Decat and it seems pretty good to me, Plenty as usual rate Yozza's BUT how different can they really be??

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
decate - is it not just a pipe to remove the cat?

all of the above does the same job??

Lionel Richie
its not "just a pipe" (well it is) there is a slight angle etc and the flanges on the cheaper ones aren't as good as the top end stuff etc, plus weld quality is another thing to consider if you're bothered

a thirsty one
i have a btb system mate and i fitted a yozza decat last year and i was very impressed with the quality and fit, the very slight bend in it helps the tailpipes sit perfect.

just get the car in the air, unbolt your cat and bolt in your new decat, i think i had to get a new universal exhaust clamp (the garage i used had hundreds of them for when fitting a new exhaust system but you could reuse the old one i think. they prob cost about 25pence.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
its not "just a pipe" (well it is) there is a slight angle etc and the flanges on the cheaper ones aren't as good as the top end stuff etc, plus weld quality is another thing to consider if you're bothered

true

still just a pipe tho lol

pay cheap u get cheap quality - alot of the time

i have a btb system mate and i fitted a yozza decat last year and i was very impressed with the quality and fit, the very slight bend in it helps the tailpipes sit perfect.

just get the car in the air, unbolt your cat and bolt in your new decat, i think i had to get a new universal exhaust clamp (the garage i used had hundreds of them for when fitting a new exhaust system but you could reuse the old one i think. they prob cost about 25pence.

Are you still running it like this now? Is there much of an inscrese in noise?

I fitted the btb myself with a new clamp in october and iv got a new manifold fitting kit so just need to decided on what sports/de cat to get.

Sports cats are the same 200cell and the standard 182 one?

Chocolate Bar™
if your opting for a sports cat on an RS you can get away with a 100cpsi, its only the 1.2's etc. that need a 200 to retain some backpressure.

its just not worth spending £300 on a sports cat tho, i cant see much difference, only a little with the 2.5" high performace one

Chocolate Bar™
its just not worth spending £300 on a sports cat tho, i cant see much difference, only a little with the 2.5" high performace one

well i had that thought, but on the phase 1 its alot harder to access the bolts, so the fact they're only £150 fully fitted means its a more desireable option.

if i were you i'd have a yozzasport decat myself

VaVa
Ditto... Sports cat for the 172. It has a more restrictive cat than the 182 anyway iirc so a sports cat will still gain!

a thirsty one
yes im still running the btb and yozza decat, not a huge increase in noise i would say its now only as loud as some cars are with a cat back system which is really just what i wanted.
dont bother with sport cat, you can get a 120cell i think but for the money v gains on a 182 i dont think they are a worthwhile investment.

VRS
have been running my btb with a yozza decat for the last year or so, im sure ive got a clip some where..........

edit: i cant access photobucket at work so will post up a little vid when i get home later on

VRS
this was taken with my phone last summer, imo the yozza doesnt change the note of the btb too much

i may do a better video over the weekend if i get time but hopefully this give you an idea

you may have to crank the volume up as its a bit of a quiet vid

th_MOV00236.jpg

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
thread resurrection :)
Anyone know the gains on a sports cat versus OEM on a 172?
(Already have a 4 2 1 mani and BTB exhaust)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
The oem cat is a sports cat 200 cel.
my Cat has been changed a few year back, as was damaged- so not it isnt OEM anyway. But wasnt OEM on Phase 1 172's a twin barrell affair?
On a 182 it is but I've never been sure on the 172's. I'm sure I read somewhere that they're a bit more restrictive, could be wrong though.
Would like to find out what mine is, and whether changing to a 200cspi would be a benefit. No markings on the Cat