ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bt internet speed test period....

does this 10 day period actually exist or do bt just talk cack to prevent phone calls from me asking why i am getting 0.5mb after having a brand new line put in which they said would be 4mb!

172 Cup
They're referring to the BRAS system.

BT Wholesale use this to "test" your connection to see what speed it will hold and remain stable at.

Well, I say it does.. it can do.. :)

What problems are you having? Just slowness?

I'm suprised it's at 0.5Mb after 3/4 days though.. the lines I've seen, all started at around 3Mb-ish.. pretty much the same day..

Obviously, your line might have been majorly unstable at the starting number, so it's dropped?

clio 16v
0.5mb is normal for this time of night on bt im afraid:mad:

I've been on their "upto 8mb" service for 4 months and yes between the hours 12-6am I get approx 5mb but at times of high demand forget it. Sunday nights are the worst I've done speed tests at this time showing 122k:mad:

They dont have a clue!

just very slow between 0.25mb - 0.5mb through the day, my one query is with bt when i called them at weekend they actually alleged my line had been cancelled, they then worked out they still had to update their records to show number had been moved from old line to new line, i cant run the bt speed tester site though, put in home number inc dialing code and it comes up with an error

Tesla MP3 2021
just very slow between 0.25mb - 0.5mb through the day, my one query is with bt when i called them at weekend they actually alleged my line had been cancelled, they then worked out they still had to update their records to show number had been moved from old line to new line,

^ Classic BT. Utter shite lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
for about the past 6 months, BT have been setting my download to 0.5mb from 6:30-11:30, other than those times its 2.5mb.

SO I am guessing you are being traffic shaped like me, do you download a lot?

Clio Sport 172
Guys i work for bt installing broadband....

How far away from the telephone exchange are you? Also how many filters do you have in your home. It is not advised to have more than 4 filters as this does lag the speed of your broadband..... Also tidy up your wiring of telephone sockets this too is a major cause of of slow speeds. Try placing your hub into the master test socket and test the speed there. If the speed is good at the test socket you know it is something in your home that is the problem. Hope this helps

dk

911 GTS Cab

How far away from the telephone exchange are you? Also how many filters do you have in your home. It is not advised to have more than 4 filters as this does lag the speed of your broadband..... Also tidy up your wiring of telephone sockets this too is a major cause of of slow speeds. Try placing your hub into the master test socket and test the speed there. If the speed is good at the test socket you know it is something in your home that is the problem. Hope this helps
lol, the amount of times i have heard to use the test socket, i actually haven't got a master/test socket, wish i had one as bt won't entertain me unless i use it but i don't have one to use, chicken and egg situation.

i can;t understand my situation though as i was happily receiving 4.5mb all the time until i went to the bt homehub and it went down to 2 and then 0.5 in the evenings!

M140i
I had issued with bt after installing the home hub and after about 10 phone calls arguing about the speed i should be gettng then telling the im not going to test the line for them miraculously the line speed shot up overnight. Get good speeds most of the time, but occasionally slow download speed

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
This is interesting. Last year I nobbed them off because I was getting 3.5mb nearly all the time. Then for no reason at all it went to exactly 1mb like it had been capped or something ?? Been with ntl/virgin for 12 month now, not a single outage and the speed that I pay for all the time.

Clio Sport 172

lol, the amount of times i have heard to use the test socket, i actually haven't got a master/test socket, wish i had one as bt won't entertain me unless i use it but i don't have one to use, chicken and egg situation.

i can;t understand my situation though as i was happily receiving 4.5mb all the time until i went to the bt homehub and it went down to 2 and then 0.5 in the evenings!

In theory someone from openreach should have put one in for you

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hmmm, interesting as I was getting upset with Sky and was considering going back to BT. Thanks for putting me off that idea.

Even with Skys free service on BT lines I get 5.2Mb Downloads and 0.4-0.5Mb Uploads. Looks like Virgin is the only real provider worth switching to... I'd be wanting my money back in your shoes.

CLEARRRRR

defibrillator.jpg

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Don't bother switching to virgin mick. I have just left them after they lied to me several times, over charged me for a package I wasnt receiving and gave shocking download speeds.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Thanks for the heads up Ryan. Might just have to upgrade to Skys unlimited package then as I swear this is why I'm sucking at BF2 of late... What's that, maybe my skills are lacking? No its LAAG honestly cos I PWN L337

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Lol.

I have switched over to plus net for when I move, hopefully they will be an improvement

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Lol.

I have switched over to plus net for when I move, hopefully they will be an improvement

Mate switched to plusnet and so dissapointed with it.
As mentioned earlier in thread I was gonna switch from Sky to BT Vision, phone and broadband also for free espn, think i'll leave it now though..

Thanks for the heads up Ryan. Might just have to upgrade to Skys unlimited package then as I swear this is why I'm sucking at BF2 of late... What's that, maybe my skills are lacking? No its LAAG honestly cos I PWN L337

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Call them up and ask them to change your max delay to 8. I was pinging 60 - 70, called them up and it instantly went down to 30 - 35.