ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT infinity any good?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
At last house was with Zen for BB & BT for phone.
In process of moving & BT deal looks quiet good as in BB, phone £28 a month also my take BT vision as bolt on.
Anyone got any feedback?

chumpmobile
Picture2.png

before we got it we had around 3mb/s haha

Bumder With A Buffer
Still FTTC, just like Virgin

I nearly killed someone the other day for telling me they had fiber optic internets

Yip or the people in my town that switch over to virgin to get "Fibre". Then when I say your speed wont change as no-where round here has fibre to the cab they say im wrong.

They get Virgin and then moan that the speed is the same. Told you so. :)

BMW M135i
Torrents are s**te. Whether its before midnight or not.

1228247667.png

All day, every day. 6.6Mb/s continuous downloads, I couldn't go back thats for sure! Roll on 100mb :evil:

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
It upsets me I cant get any FTTC anywhere near me.

Next house is going to have to be a new build so i can get FTTP.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Yip or the people in my town that switch over to virgin to get "Fibre". Then when I say your speed wont change as no-where round here has fibre to the cab they say im wrong.

They get Virgin and then moan that the speed is the same. Told you so. :)

I like getting them to show me the fiber going into their house :p

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Was going to run that here, but just realised the pipes are a bit congested as someone is transferring TB's of data between sites

Ping is about 3ms though :p

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Yeah I like doing that too..Im sure Virgin would rip up the whole road from the cabinet/exchange just to put Fibre into your place!

Fools

My Dad used to work for BT and told me that they proposed doing this (putting fibre optic direct into homes) back in the 80's as they could see the way things were going. The government said no as it would be anti-competitive and now we're paying the price 20 years later.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
My Dad used to work for BT and told me that they proposed doing this (putting fibre optic direct into homes) back in the 80's as they could see the way things were going. The government said no as it would be anti-competitive and now we're paying the price 20 years later.

This is true

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Torrents are s**te. Whether its before midnight or not.

1228247667.png

All day, every day. 6.6Mb/s continuous downloads, I couldn't go back thats for sure! Roll on 100mb :evil:

Wont be 100mbps for a long time, the next speed increase will be to 80

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Had it about 9 months and yep, it's definitely worth it.

BT is the best provider value wise, no other FTTC supplier is offering such a large download limit for such little cash but with BT torrents are a no without a VPN.

Don't think I've seen below 30 down and 6.5 up since we got it. Could never go back now.

love the lack of knowledge by people @ downloading, and that order is totally wrong Keydogg :)

should be going with BT Infinity in the next few months, friends locally have 40+mbit down, around 9 up!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
love the lack of knowledge by people @ downloading, and that order is totally wrong Keydogg :)

should be going with BT Infinity in the next few months, friends locally have 40+mbit down, around 9 up!

Whats wrong with the order? Newgroups are great, rapidshare isnt brilliant but i would say is safer than torrents as your not uploading. Care to elaborate on your superior download order? :)

Two 0 Shitx
Pissing me off now, says it's due to be rolled out in Bolton on the 31st, i have a bolton phone number and bolton postcode with bolton in my address so why the f**k is it not available in my area for 6months or more? Just rang them and asked why, basically got a "the computer said no" answer, i have heard of it doing this to people and they've rang BT and managed to go from the fibre box with copper to their house, at this point she said i don't know any technical stuff, so i said why are you on the broadband sales team then?!?!?

I don't live in a rural area but i'm not on a main road and easily forgot about, most of the houses they are upgrading are already at a decent speed where i'm stuck on 50kb/s, i thought the idea of the fibre stuff was to bring everyone reliable fast broadband, not make the gap even bigger!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Pissing me off now, says it's due to be rolled out in Bolton on the 31st, i have a bolton phone number and bolton postcode with bolton in my address so why the f**k is it not available in my area for 6months or more? Just rang them and asked why, basically got a "the computer said no" answer, i have heard of it doing this to people and they've rang BT and managed to go from the fibre box with copper to their house, at this point she said i don't know any technical stuff, so i said why are you on the broadband sales team then?!?!?

I don't live in a rural area but i'm not on a main road and easily forgot about, most of the houses they are upgrading are already at a decent speed where i'm stuck on 50kb/s, i thought the idea of the fibre stuff was to bring everyone reliable fast broadband, not make the gap even bigger!

You probably aren't connected to an exchange that's getting FTTC rolled out tbh

Monaro VXR
Just had it put in today. Been without the net for over a week and just finished installing it about a couple hours ago.

When it first went online it was 33mbit/ 7mbit. Now just tried it on my main fast system again and it's up to 38mbit / 8.5mbit. More than happy with those speeds to be honest. Considering I was only getting 7mbit / 1.3mbit before.

Mito Sportiva 135
How much you paying for it? TBH though I would be happier if my broadband just worked, always drops out over wireless, when watching films....any ideas why? (sorry to go off topic)

Monaro VXR
It isn't that much think its around £25.

Wireless dropping out could be hardware, interference, positioning of equipment in the home etc. Just too many things to say.

Those talking about torrents, I was just downloading one that started at 400kb/s but by the end of it was pulling a nice 3.5MB/s. So hardly slow. Was a very well seeded legal torrent which is probably why the speed were so good with thousands of seeders.