ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Homehub 2.0

Anybody got one of these!

This is the type I have at the moment:

images.gif

Then they decided to bring a black version out:

images2.gif

And now they have brought out this one, which I think looks 10 times better and more updated:

Noname-2.jpg

I was just wondering if anyone has the last one?

Mark

Formally Clio 182
I have the 1st one in white, but didn't want the phone part.

Tbh, unless you use the phone, the homehub's looks don't matter. Mine is hidden behind the sofa and is used just for Wifi.

I got the phone through the post the other day even though we didnt ask fot it :S

I have the first white one.

Do you have to pay for the new version?

I have the 1st one in white, but didn't want the phone part.

Tbh, unless you use the phone, the homehub's looks don't matter. Mine is hidden behind the sofa and is used just for Wifi.

I use my phone that came with the Homehub, but it's really hard to here the ringtone as it isn't that loud!! I was just wondering if the new one was any better?

Mark

172 Cup
BT can make it in solid gold with pics of naked ladies but it's still a piece of shite..

Proper ISP ftw..

Bumder With A Buffer
UTTER UTTER PISH...... Is what I would say about any of the BT branded HomeHubs.

Complete pile of w**k. Cant even connect a Printer or anything to it, numerous restarts which incidently I seemed to have traced to whenever the wireless part of it is used!

Id rather have a carrier Pigeon :)

yer mine was rubbish the adverts at the moment claiiming the have the best range of any router makes me laugh mine stuggled next to my laptop

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i use a white one as per the OP.

no issues here, good strong signal and easy to connect. but then thats all i use it for.

Clio200 EDC Lux
I had the original white one, then got sent the 1.5ver in black with the hub phone.
I upgraded a few months ago and got sent another brandnew black hub and phone (which is now on ebay item no. 130240281501 :))

I rang them up to ask about the new hub and phone which should be here tommorow.

I have been with BT for years now and I have never had any issues with the hub, personnaly I think its a great bit of kit.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I had the original white one, then got sent the 1.5ver in black with the hub phone.
I upgraded a few months ago and got sent another brandnew black hub and phone (which is now on ebay item no. 130240281501 :))

I rang them up to ask about the new hub and phone which should be here tommorow.

I have been with BT for years now and I have never had any issues with the hub, personnaly I think its a great bit of kit.
so they are just sending you the new version FOC?

How did you manage that, did you have to sign a new contract?

i used to have issues with the HH, but my stats currently are

Downstream 4,640 Kbps
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Upstream 448 Kbps
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Connection time 16 days, 21:08:23
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Data transmitted 2.19 GB
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Data received 49.56 GB
not bad really, pretty stable these days

Hey dude, did you get your Homehub?

Clio200 EDC Lux
yep arrived on friday with the new hub phone! Great bit of kit with a lot of handy features, hub phone contacts are stored on the hub so when you add more phones you don't need to added all the contacts again.

Also you can backup up the hub to your pc so if then at least you restore it if needed.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I've just Set up my New BT Hub in Pic 3, Its looks lovely but haven't played around with things yet as I literally set it up 1 hour ago

320d M Sport
i had the white one, it was truly crap..especially on Xbox live. my mate had the first black version and his was ok, mine would drop all the time tho. Now on 02 which is spot on after a few teething problems. only £7.50 too.

Audi TT 225
Its got 4 RJ45 ports instead of 2 on the white one
Also double the wireless range and supports the wireless N standard as well as all the others.
Im gonna phone BT tomorrow and try and haggle an upgrade ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
yer mine was rubbish the adverts at the moment claiiming the have the best range of any router makes me laugh mine stuggled next to my laptop

^ Knowsit!
Wireless my arse! :rolleyes:
I have the first white one with the phone

My hub is connected to my PC with an ethernet cable as the PC kept losing signal after about a month.

My laptop picked it up wireless straight away and was fine until recently it started to loose signal with the hub - mostly when sitting beside the PC! :eek: