ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT fibre installation - anyway of getting some useful information?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So we're well into our third year of living in a first floor apartment. Since moving in, there have been flyers and other email advertising about fibre broadband 'imminently' arriving from both BT and Hyperoptic - but still no progress has been made, other than the "cabinet is enabled and just awaiting power."

It's getting a bit silly now. We're split over two mills with an initial interest uptake of fibre broadband of over 60 apartments. You would have thought that BT should be chomping at the bit to get an instant addition of that many people onto a fibre broadband contract?

It's got to the stage now that I've given up even checking. I just get the same generic web responses with zero in the way of additional information. If we can never get fibre - then fine - just tell us! Constantly having the website showing 6 out the 8 stages as being complete - with no further feedback is annoying.

Is there anyway of actually obtaining some useful yes/no information from anyone?

Thanks,
D.

DCi
We went onto the 'build' phase of the BT checker site in July last year and the cabinet was installed maybe last week

We are now on the connect stage, but no idea how long it will sit there for.

@Brookie. mind if I PM you my postcode? :D

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I'm the same, it took them 3 weeks to get back to me to tell me, your exchange is enabled but your green box is too far away from your house.

Stop sending me bloody leaflets saying its available then.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Same when I lived at Eagley Mills, Darren. Always promised it but it never came.
Since moving literally half a mile to Eagley Village, we have fibre. Only 45mb but it's lightning in comparison.

DCi
@Brookie. any word on cab 63 whitely bay exchange - I think you originally said May. Do they give a specific date now we are closer ? :D

sorry to pester, my internet is rubbish and I'm keen to upgrade :D

Golf Mk6 tdi
@Brookie. I live in auckley, new estate and no fibre only a 2mb connection. Apparently a new cab is going in and will offer the 'newest' houses infinity and the existing new builds, all under 2 years old on the same estate fibre. Would you mind looking into this? I can DM any info you require.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
When I worked for BT both in consumer and business, all our systems would tell us is that fttc/fttp would be coming into an area soon, but we wouldn't get advance warning as to when it would be up and running etc.. it was a case of just telling the customers to keep checking. Unless things have changed since I left in 2015