ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Laptop Screen

Clio v6 255
I was just wondering if any of the more computer savvy people on here would have any idea. I have a laptop and unfortunately the screen has stopped working, but not completely. When i turn it on the screen can power on for a few seconds and turn off. I googled the problem and top of the list of possible causes was the screen inverter. So after taking my whole laptop apart to replace the screen inverter the problem is still there, although it is staying on for about 5 seconds now.

So basically im asking does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, any help would be greatly appreciated

Evo 5 RS
can you see it faintly? might be the inverter

reading fail.

Tried replacing the data cable? It sounds more like the backlight tbh, new LCD. (You can change the backlight in the LCD but it's an utter c**t of a job and wouldn't recommend it)

Just get a new laptop

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
hmmm, well the problem with laptops is that it could be number of things and it can be hard to check without taking it to pieces, what happens if you enter the bios?

Clio v6 255
can you see it faintly? might be the inverter

reading fail.

Tried replacing the data cable? It sounds more like the backlight tbh, new LCD. (You can change the backlight in the LCD but it's an utter c**t of a job and wouldn't recommend it)

Just get a new laptop

went for the inverter first as it was the cheapest and easiest part to change. its one of those stupid HP tablet laptop things and after taking it apart the touch screen doesnt work. Even although ive replaced the inverter i still think it could be that, i bought the part of ebay so that explains a lot

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Touch-screen? Ouch. :(

I was going to suggest picking up a spare screen off FleaBay and fitting it (done it a few times, not the most enjoyable job, but straight-forward enough). However, I'd suspect that a touch-sensitive one would be muchos £££ to buy?

D.

Clio v6 255
Yeah currently watching one on eBay, I had to take the laptop apart to change the inverter anyway so it's actually easier to switch the whole screen unit over which is surprising.