ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Broke Down!!*

RS Meg 175
Hello guys,

Right one of my mates has just broke down in some lanes nearby. He drives a MK2 PH1 1.2 8v.

He said that suddenly there was a loud crunch noise followed by the engine cutting which then left him rolling down a hill.

It now trys to turn over but dosnt fire.

when the ignition is turned on the battery, oil and "stop" light comes on he said.

It has petrol, and the oil was topped up this weekend.

Sounds a bit "gearboxey" to me, would be very grateful for some of your guys opinions!!

Cheers
Matt./.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cambelt. Some nice bent bent valves, head off £££££££££££££££

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My cambelt pulley snapped, bill is on £800 so far.

RS Meg 175
just spoke to him lads and aparently the cambelt is in one piece, spark plugs are fine...so must be the fuel pump? anything else it could be?

Peugeot 306 HDi
Cambelt went on mine and made no noise. It did the rest though and cost me £800 with two bent valves (I was "lucky").

^ Yep you were.

If you are 'unlucky' you'll damage the piston crown and they'll need renewing, potential to ruin the liners as well.

Just read your last post, hmm gearbox wont stop it from starting, even if he did smash the selector forks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol guess you could call it that, maintenance bill is at £5300 so far this year.

RS Meg 175
so does fuel pump sound right? or could it be something else? seeing as its not plugs or cambelt

mk2 ph1 Clio 1.2
IM All ok! lol just got toed backafter a good laugh up and down nice country lanes lol just had a quick butchers at the engine bay cam belt is all intact etc everything looks in ordinary order just sounds like when u run of of petty soun when try to turn it over :S so no monkey idea just though be fuel pump if anything.

Ty for all responded and all views on it

RS Meg 175
IM All ok! lol just got toed backafter a good laugh up and down nice country lanes lol just had a quick butchers at the engine bay cam belt is all intact etc everything looks in ordinary order just sounds like when u run of of petty soun when try to turn it over :S so no monkey idea just though be fuel pump if anything.

Ty for all responded and all views on it

Thats the guy im talking about ^^ lol his car