ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembos and TD 1.2s Offset

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Does anyone use the above combo?

I'm looking to move back up to 16" wheels and fit a Brembo 4 pot kit, I'm wondering what offset people are using for caliper clearance rather than getting stock offset and fitting spacers.

Thanks

Steve

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Thanks very much Tim, I did have a dig through some of the related threads but I couldn't find anyone using 1.2s.

PMS state that turinis well work with standard offset (I'm guessing Cup not Trophy) but the standard wheels will require a set of 10mm spacers.

I'm buying new 1.2s and there seems to be plenty of offset options

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Does anyone use the above combo?

I'm looking to move back up to 16" wheels and fit a Brembo 4 pot kit, I'm wondering what offset people are using for caliper clearance rather than getting stock offset and fitting spacers.

Thanks

Steve
In 16" anything with an et37 *should* give you the clearance tbh mate without spacers. The td 1.2's give loads of clearance from what I've seen.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Thanks Mark, will just get them in standard offset then. Now the tough decision on colour, do I keep it looking OEish with anthracite or go matt black. Both colors seem to work well on Trophy's

Ex 182 owner
Hi @T.Trophy and @NorthloopCup
Done some measuring on my brembo setup.. Steve, click my thread if you want to have a gander. My conclusion with trophy et 45 turinis is probably 7-8mm minimum for the 280mm kits. spoke clearence wise it might be better on 300mm ironicaly.. but then wheel weights is the issue. again see my pics and you will understand why.

However my question is i need to go for 10mm spacers. Leaving 3.5mm of hub flange. so no use for centering the wheel.

is 10mm ok to use. do the bolts do all the work or is the hub flange there for a structural reason?. I dont really wanna go to 15mm spacers. in fact Nicks wont work as they need 12mm max of hub flange. so for PMS hub centric its either 15mm with me shaving the hub or 18mm. which I really dont want to go for.

Thoughts?

Ex 182 owner
Cheers Steve,
I have ordered some 15mm eibachs to try. I saw them on willcrooks trophy. So assume they fit with the lip left over.

Chris

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Let me know how they work out mate. I still think I'm gonna just move to TDC 1.2s work a slightly more extreme offset.

But if I'm honest I've bought an r26 and I'm getting carried away with that now lol

turbo 182
Yes et30 pro race 1.2 will fit 280mm set up without spacers

In selling a complete 280mm kit if your intrested PM me

Clio Sport 182
Yes et30 pro race 1.2 will fit 280mm set up without spacers

In selling a complete 280mm kit if your intrested PM me

Thanks for your answer. i have the kit in my hand but im strangling to identify wheels. on my car at the moments i have trophy turinis. i was hoping to use a spacer around 10mm maximum but then noticed that the hubcentric spacers are coming minimum in 16mm

turbo 182
I ran 10mm slip on spacers on track number ours times with no issues, but I run a stud and nut kit, I maybe wouldn't chance it with standard bolts? With the 10mm slip on spacer there is still a few MM of disc to sit your wheel on - remeber studs/bolts secure your wheel not the wheel centre
I could of dropped down to a 5mm spacer and still had clearance with the et35 pro race

Edit: I'm referring to 15" wheels, Carnt remeber what et trophy turinis are I'm afraid but I'm pretty sure cup turinis et38.5 clear the 280mm kit without spacers - but don't hold me to that