ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo Max discs, but what pad?

anyone know from experince of having brembo max discs, what pad did you chose?

i will be using car on track few times a year and on the road alot too

yh what been told now for a while looks like they will be the ones, anyone no where i can get em for less than 100quid, cause thats rap!!!

Don't use Carbone Lorraine on the road. Use them for track only and roll with a set of Halfords specials when you're not on track.

Artic 182
I used 1144's but i REALLY leant on my brakes in the track car and they wernt man enough.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Don't use Carbone Lorraine on the road. Use them for track only and roll with a set of Halfords specials when you're not on track.

Theres nothing really that wrong with using CL pads on the road. But then it depends how many miles you do and what type of driving you do. I dont really use my brakes that much on the road which is why my discs have lasted so long.

But they are quite aggressive and can eat discs if your not carefull and the dust is quite bad. But the braking power is emmence IMO :)

Theres nothing really that wrong with using CL pads on the road. But then it depends how many miles you do and what type of driving you do. I dont really use my brakes that much on the road which is why my discs have lasted so long.

But they are quite aggressive and can eat discs if your not carefull and the dust is quite bad. But the braking power is emmence IMO :)

Yeah there's nothing wrong with them. They are epic. Used them myself with those discs, and will again next time I'm on track. It's just that IMO they're too expensive to bother with on the road. May as well just roll with OEM and fit race pads a few days before track. No point wearing out race pads going to work and back IMO.

260% JCW
Halfrauds pads for the road? No thanks, id rather cut a hole out of my footwell and use my feet.

182 trackday racer
DS2500 are great on a every day car and light track day use. However if you plan to use your car like a pure joy car (some steet driving) and lots of track Id say DS3000 all the way.

DS2500 pads will not fade on track but will wear rather fast, DS3000 are more up for track and have an amazing bite compared to other pads Ive been testing.

260% JCW
Only joking, Up until recently i used Ebc Green and Red. Was thinking of yellow but then heard about DS2500. I now run them with Brembo HC, did my first track day with them and what a pad. Lap after lap and little or no fade. Even day to day, bite from cold and just keep going. Im not sure about DS3000?? How do they compare to DS2500 or CL maybe?

172 mk2/racing puma
i use mine for road and track and i have brembo maxx and ebc yellow stuff with goodrich hoses and 5.1 fluid awesome stopping power

182 trackday racer
DS3000 is a racing only pad however I think the initial cold bite is more then enough so I have no problem what so ever using them on the street. The bite of the DS3000 pad is a LOT harder than on DS2500.

Have tested Yellowstuff as well (2 pairs) and TBH I find them to be absolute crap and dangerous!! Despite serious brake cooling, fresh RBF600 fluid and Goodridge lines. I managed to make the pads fade in a very very dangerous way.

The heat developed was so high that the disc started to smear in the grooves. The pads were looking like crap, some bits of the pad had separaded from the plate and allmost all colour was burned to crisp. Riding at dawn spectators told me the discs did glow all the way around track.... :S The pads seem to get "glazed" despite the Brembo Max discs.

But as I wrote I tested two sets of these pads before I gave up, just could not trust them. Almost went of track at a few times due to massive fade.

Changed to DS3000 and they work like a dream, no fade EVER and no heat issues. Cut lap times by seconds at both my "home tracks" due to having confidence in the brakes.

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah there's nothing wrong with them. They are epic. Used them myself with those discs, and will again next time I'm on track. It's just that IMO they're too expensive to bother with on the road. May as well just roll with OEM and fit race pads a few days before track. No point wearing out race pads going to work and back IMO.

Yeah i know what you mean, I used to run rubbish EBC green stuff everyday day but then after using the CL i just had to keep them in as the stopping power of cold CL's is better than the stopping power of EBC green stuff when warm/hot.

Do you now have a GTR?

Yeah CL are epic. If I fitted them again now I'g go through the f**king window.

LoL nah no GT-R but I want one!

Greenstuff are s**t. I'd feel happier going on track with Halfords specials.

TrackCar & F30 330d
EBC ARE S**T

Unless you have a posh show car and dont like getting your fancy 22" spinners dirty then just dont even go there. They are rubbish.

Sounds like unless your doing lots of track time just go for Ferodo DS2500, seems to be the best all rounder.

If your a real man then go for Carbone Lorraine's or PT97 pads ;)

PH1 172 Sport
A picture of my rubbish Yellowstuff pads....

Yellowstuff were fine when I used them on the track. The paint blistered the same as yours but I never got any fade. My main complaint is they seem to crumble a bit on the edges.

Not sure what pads to try next.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I have used 4 types of pad on Mk2 Clios

My order would be;

1 Pagid blues. 30degree heat in Germany and 13miles of 'Ring and not even a hint of problems.
2 ferrodo ds2500 only used in anger on the road but pretty good.
3 Standard, no probs at all to be honest.
4 Greenstuff in a word dangerous!!

Worth noting that brakes are only as good as the weekest part. You can have to most expensive, calipers, discs and pads but the brakes with be shite with poor fluid.

IMO Braided lines offer minimal improvements. You always have a fluid change with braided lines so I reckon that is the improvement most people feel but then claim its the lines