ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo HC & DS2500 + Dumb Question.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Fitted my new Brembo HC & DS2500 pads to the front of the car over the weekend.

The stopping power after bedding the brakes in by doing 20 cycles of 60 - 10mph braking is immence (And leaves a nice Smoke cloud coming from the front wheels :))

The discs were a nightmare to get off and after some fairly restrained but hard tapping with a large Mallet I gave up and took some Brute force to the old discs and after 3 or 4 hard hits they came off ( I broke my Hammer in half on the 2nd disc!)

The DS2500 wouldnt fit in the carrier so a fair bit of grinding was required to get them to run smoothly, but with the help of some copper ease and my Dremmel they run nice and smooth and not a hit of brake squeel!

I have new Renault Discs to go on the back and DS2500 pads but have not fitted them yet (Job for next weekend) Now here is the dumb question ;)

On the back of the rear discs what is the "Cog" for (The toothed wheel) Is this something to do with ABS? (Mine is a 172 cup) If it is ABS related should it still be on the back of the disc for my cup?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
they just put them on with no sensors. Lazy f*****s couldn't be arsed to remove them

A4 Avant Sline 2.0T

The stopping power after bedding the brakes in by doing 20 cycles of 60 - 10mph braking is immence (And leaves a nice Smoke cloud coming from the front wheels :))
quote]

Had exactly the same fitted to mine today, however when i'd done the bedding in process as above i stopped to find my brakes on fire! Will this have damaged anything?

Rob

quote]

Had exactly the same fitted to mine today, however when i'd done the bedding in process as above i stopped to find my brakes on fire! Will this have damaged anything?

Rob

No i don't think so, you might of boiled a little fluid but a quick bleed will sort it.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
When you say on fire, you mean like actual flames?

Mine Smoked alot but didnt catch fire.

On my old car i had 280mm seat ibiza brakes and after some hard braking they started to smoke and then caught fire. I crapped myself and threw some fanta on them lol.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I am having a few issues with mine now... Under hard braking from say 60 - 10mph the car is becoming very unstable pulling right then back left.

Not sure if this is "normal" as I am loading the front of the car up and the rears dont do much (And are low on pad material, will be replacing new rear discs and DS2500 on the rear this weekend).

The pad carriers were all copper eased and the pads ground back so they run smooth in carriers so dont think its them sticking, Might strip them off at the weekend after doing the rears and testing, plan on doing the lines and fluid shortly so will get garage to check them out if still unresolved by then (As ill get a garage to bleed the brakes and fit lines for me i think)