ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo front calliper conversion questions.

Nine468

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy,BMW X5,
Hi folks.
I have a Clio Trophy, and am contemplating fitting a set of the Brembo callipers to the front.
Can somebody point me in the direction of info as to what ill need.
IE what are the callipers off.?
Where to get the adapter plates from.
Do they fit to the standard front discs or will I need bigger ones, and what from.?
Im guessing they,l fit behind the Trophy offset 16" turini,s...
OR does anybody sell a complete kit, ready to bolt on.??

Many thanks. Dave.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Speak to this guy he'll be able to help you out.
IMG_3346.PNG

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Good thread.

Speaking to Tim on Saturday at the Wales trophy meet and he said they're from the Clio 197 and need adapters but he mentioned having to mill 5mm off the caliper?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Brembo calipers brand new from Rofag ebay - 129 x2
Pure motorsport 300mm brembo mounts 200
Brembo renault scenic 300mm discs - £75 carparts4less with code PAYDAY
Goodridge lines 50
pads - renault parts direct - 50 (oem pads)

is £635 in total for brand new set up.

Last edited:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
This will fit behind CUP turinis but not Trophy spec turinis. You will need to remove wheel weights and relocate them at the back of the wheel though.

Clio 182
Other than the picture I don't know much more on this.

If it is indeed correct then it'll serve to save members a few quid on brackets.

I honestly wouldn't bother unless you want them for the aesthetics, I've done the 4 pot thing on my FF and in all honesty a set of rebuilt OE calipers with HC discs and DS1. 11 pads is all you'll ever need. I found the 4 pots way to grabby with DS3000 pads and they just didn't suit the lighter 1*2 as it would lock up way to easily on road and track.

Nine468

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy,BMW X5,
I honestly wouldn't bother unless you want them for the aesthetics, I've done the 4 pot thing on my FF and in all honesty a set of rebuilt OE calipers with HC discs and DS1. 11 pads is all you'll ever need. I found the 4 pots way to grabby with DS3000 pads and they just didn't suit the lighter 1*2 as it would lock up way to easily on road and track.

JB21.
Can you tell me what the DS1.11 are like from cold, as the car is mainly a fast road car with the occasional track day thrown in.
Ive had "other racing" type pads fitted to other cars and they can be poor from cold, only coming into there own when you get heat into them...
Ive currently got a set of Mintex 1144,s in. but ive found them not up to the job when pushing on.......:grimacing::grimacing:
Cheers Dave.

JB21.
Can you tell me what the DS1.11 are like from cold, as the car is mainly a fast road car with the occasional track day thrown in.
Ive had "other racing" type pads fitted to other cars and they can be poor from cold, only coming into there own when you get heat into them...
Ive currently got a set of Mintex 1144,s in. but ive found them not up to the job when pushing on.......:grimacing::grimacing:
Cheers Dave.
I find them fine on the road when cold TBH mate. But if you're car is predominantly used for fast road then they are total overkill as they only really come into there own at high temp. Mintex M1155 are a good pad that I've used on road and track and are only £69 a set.