ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Breaking value?

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of breaking or selling my Clio because I've got too much money it in, its had a few too many issues recently and i fancy something else.

Is there any large benefit to breaking a 182? Im struggling to see where the money comes from apart from the obvious.

Cup turinis
Pms shifter
The big things i have include the engine with revent dephaser and belt.
Ktec sport cat back
Good gearbox with no unwanted noises.
3 month old clutch if anyone would buy it.
Fairly new cup shock absorbers
Polybushed wishbones
Polybushed rear beam
Polybushed engine mounts
Snappy trimmed wheel
Cup spoiler

The body is a bit beaten up.
Im not sure if i would be better of selling as is, putting it somewhat back to standard and selling bits then the car or breaking it completely.

Can i get some opinions?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

172 Turbo
If you've got the originals, remove the PMS, Turinis and Snappy wheel as this will get a nice chunk of cash.

PMS Shifter currently out of stock so will fetch £300 on Facebook groups!

Agree...

It seems the days of breaking these for bits and making a nice profit are gone.

Bumpers were £100 bare, now £20 for a complete one!
Xenons have halfed to £40-£50
Interior is worth nothing and often given away
I remember Recaro's selling for £1,000 - £1,200 and are now £500-£600 maximum
All the spares just don't sell unless your lucky someone needs something that week, which then isn't even worth posting for such a low value

The only things that sell are high quality good condition modifications or Trophy desireables. Try and get the best you can for the mods, and then just cry at the price the car sells for. People will still have the cheek to ask if the belts/dephaser blah blah have been done when it's priced less than a grand !

They are at the ultimate all time low IMO at the moment :( I would also suggest keeping it..

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Once the good bits have gone it will just sit there until scrap.

Back to standard is and sell asa cheap track car etc

dan's cast offs.
Breaking them is a pain in the arse. Takes at least two full days if you're doing it on your own. To realise the full value youve got to take everything off the car, even silly little clips and mountings can be worth a fiver each.

Then you've got the messing round with selling it all, packing it up and sending it out. That's a nightmare!!

172 Turbo
As all the above have said, it's a nightmare breaking a full car. That's why when I sold my Cup, everything went back to standard and the car went whole for £1300.

I then sold my PMS shifter, vibratech mounts and some other bits on. From memory, ended up with around £2000 back.

Can be a bit of a ballache, more so people wanting items posted for peanuts which are a pain to get off. I'm currently trying to flog the rest of my bits to no avail so eBay it is on a rolling 30 day auction until they all sell. Did enjoy pulling it apart though, especially pulling the engine and box as I could easily do it again and even refit one if needed.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I think around 5 years ago they were ripe for killing as finances made sense. Now unless you need a load of bits it's just hassle.
Then again maybe I'm just old and lazy now, I dealt out the final hand to enough cars I think and nagging regret over the Williams' I've murdered is haunting me still

Same thing happens to all good cars from what I can see - people make money off parts when they're quite new, lots of people get in on the game and depress prices, the cars get cheaper because they're older and therefore get bought by people who don't maintain them, people scrap loads of them, then they finally rise in value because they're now so rare.

Pics of the bodywork BTW?

Same thing happens to all good cars from what I can see - people make money off parts when they're quite new, lots of people get in on the game and depress prices, the cars get cheaper because they're older and therefore get bought by people who don't maintain them, people scrap loads of them, then they finally rise in value because they're now so rare.

Havnt got any currently.
The bumper has missing paint on the nearside front and a million stone chips where its been badly painted and its too thin.

Nsf quater panel has a massive crack and paint missing.

Bonnet has a huge dent dead centre

Paint bubbled on rear arch

Bit of rust by the door sill

Bit of clear missing by the driver door

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

So true. If we all got into a large enough Delorean and stepped out in 2038 - the prices of some of these ‘can’t give them away items’ would be very surprising. And high....