ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Bloody hell mate talk about bad luck, credit for not giving in until you really had no choice but to do so. There's always another day.
I agree, good mates are priceless and something not to take for granted. It's something I realise and miss after moving away many years ago, hats off to the guys for helping you out.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Bloody hell mate talk about bad luck, credit for not giving in until you really had no choice but to do so. There's always another day.
I agree, good mates are priceless and something not to take for granted. It's something I realise and miss after moving away many years ago, hats off to the guys for helping you out.
Tbf mate, if I hadn't been for bad luck, we'd have had no luck at all.

SQ5
As bad as it was you've still probably had one of the best and most memorable times you'll ever have.

s**t luck, was hoping for everything to go so well but just think of that story!

Clio 172, Abarth 500
That's a pretty sad story! descent story but sad! Glad your keeping the car though. Sounds like you have the right attitude towards it all the same!

I've had a very similar weekend to the one you had (just didn't involve a track), and you do find time to giggle about it afterwards!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Bloody hell, what a trip, makes my last one seem easy! Hope you get it sorted soon.

I told you I should have gone out in it before you went lol.

@NorthloopCup have you watched Roadkill mate? 😂

As my old boss used to say, "this reads like the beginning of an accident investigation report..."

All credit to all involved and glad the cup is still straight and lives to fight another day!

Bloody hell Mark what a Ring trip... But then it wouldn't be one otherwise! Always dramas on Ring trips. Hats off to the guys though for helping out, makes a huge difference. Makes this makes my recent ecu dramas look pish lol

Be interested to see what caused the diff to go, do you think the driveshaft was bottoming out on the diff?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
As bad as it was you've still probably had one of the best and most memorable times you'll ever have.

s**t luck, was hoping for everything to go so well but just think of that story!
Honestly mate, me and James were laughing for the entire journey home. Even if we'd tried, we couldn't have even planned the trip to go as wrong as it did!

That's a pretty sad story! descent story but sad! Glad your keeping the car though. Sounds like you have the right attitude towards it all the same!

I've had a very similar weekend to the one you had (just didn't involve a track), and you do find time to giggle about it afterwards!
I didn't have the right attitude on Saturday or Sunday mate I'll be honest. As far as I was concerned the cup was going.

Now I've had time to calm down and reflect I feel much better. The relief of walking through the door on Monday afternoon was massive.

When it rains it pours mate, did you get any vids on the ring?
Oh yes, without a doubt mate. Yeah got a couple on the GoPro and James got a couple of me through Brunnchen and pflanzgarten.

Bloody hell, what a trip, makes my last one seem easy! Hope you get it sorted soon.

I told you I should have gone out in it before you went lol.
I'm not putting a timescale on when it will be sorted mate tbh. I'd like to think it will possibly be this year, but I'm in no rush.

Sorry to hear of your troubles mate....impressed with your attitude though!
Get that gerabox fixed asap....once the baby is here you'll wonder where all that time went.......
As above mate - it'll be sorted when I get the chance. There's certainly no rush as far as I'm concerned.

Proper shitter dude. Hopefully you can get it all sorted though.
Yeah definitely not how I wanted our trip to pan out, but sometimes s**t happens doesn't it.

@NorthloopCup have you watched Roadkill mate? 😂

As my old boss used to say, "this reads like the beginning of an accident investigation report..."

All credit to all involved and glad the cup is still straight and lives to fight another day!
lol yes mate I have!!

The next day it lives to fight may not be until 2017 unfortunately, but now I know it'll harass some much much bigger boys when it returns.

Bloody hell Mark what a Ring trip... But then it wouldn't be one otherwise! Always dramas on Ring trips. Hats off to the guys though for helping out, makes a huge difference. Makes this makes my recent ecu dramas look pish lol

Be interested to see what caused the diff to go, do you think the driveshaft was bottoming out on the diff?
Well yeah I suppose it puts everything into perspective doesn't it! Lol!

Honestly mate I really don't know. I took the same amount of kerb that I normally would, I was on stiffer suspension and yet it popped the shaft out. Until the box is off and the diff is out, I don't know what it's done internally, so it would be 100% speculation at this moment in time.

When it gets the to point of being so bad you have to laugh otherwise you will pulling your hair out.

Yep exactlly...

Well hopefully it doesn't workout too expensive.

I keep promising to take the Missis to the Ring... Not been since 2012!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I think it's safe to say that this sticker, is THE most expensive sticker I've ever bought @€240 each!! I got given 2 and a handshake to say, 'welcome to the club'. Lol!
image.jpeg
It will adorn the cup with pride. 😂

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
f**king he'll mate what trip that was. Even though it kept going wrong it sounds like a decent adventure lol. Massive hats off to everyone who bent over backwards. Some funny memory's to have there. Atleast your keeping the cup mate after all the effort that's gone into it.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
f**king he'll mate what trip that was. Even though it kept going wrong it sounds like a decent adventure lol. Massive hats off to everyone who bent over backwards. Some funny memory's to have there. Atleast your keeping the cup mate after all the effort that's gone into it.
Yeah tell me about it mate! If it could go wrong, it did go wrong. It then just gathered momentum and continued!
No point getting rid mate tbh. I'd only get bored if I had nothing to do anyway.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That sounds like a crazy trip, and some real bad luck.

At least you know the cup can punch well above its weight and didn't get taken out by any idiots on track!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
That sounds like a crazy trip, and some real bad luck.

At least you know the cup can punch well above its weight and didn't get taken out by any idiots on track!
The main thing is that everyone concerned is home and safe - the driveshaft could've taken the block or sump out for a start, so I'm very thankful that it didn't!

Yeah that was a ridiculously close call mate. All on video in full hd.

F*ck me, what a story!

How you didn't smash the thing up and give up I don't know.

Hats off to the gents who helped out too, love hearing about stuff like this!

Gutted the trip wasn't as expected though, I was looking forward to seeing a tasty update.

Long live the cup x

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
F*ck me, what a story!

How you didn't smash the thing up and give up I don't know.

Hats off to the gents who helped out too, love hearing about stuff like this!

Gutted the trip wasn't as expected though, I was looking forward to seeing a tasty update.

Long live the cup x
Well I'm not known for being one to keep my cool mate I'll be honest, but I think it was the shock of 'oh s**t, how are we gonna get home' more than anything that stopped me panelling it! Lol!!

So that wasn't a tasty enough update for you?! Is that what you're telling me?! Flol!! 😂

That was a bit of adventure !!!!
Go big or go home right? Lol

Jeso mate thats a story and a half!

Some good friends you have!
Tell me about it!! You wanna try typing it all out! Lol!!

Yes mate, the friends I have are some of THE very best. No doubt in my mind at all, and this weekend just compounded my thoughts.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Crazy story. Cars don't half test our patience at times like. On the plus side, it looks great on the back of wrecker lol.

Some of the driving in that EMS TV video was shocking!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Blimey - I wondered what could of happened when i get a reply saying, the car is alright, we are alright but its the end of the weekend.
Real shame that it ended that way, but its sounds like it was destined to be that way - fair play for pushing on, and a real reflection on the mates you have, massive respect to all.

Glad you decided to keep the car - thats the beauty of having somewhere to store it, put it away - forget it and revisit it when you can.
This is going to give @BIGASH something to chat to my mate Luke about on my stag. Luke had similar luck whilst out at the ring in his prepped civic, except he got towed all the way home to somerset (on a rope) by a mate in his golf, luke was wrapped in his sleeping bag in the drivers seat just sucking in Diesel fumes.....

adir

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
OMG what f**** crazy story ..!
don't lose faith mate, This kind of story that build our personality down the road.
day to come when you look back and Laugh about it. and it's be more stunning if you fix it and go back there again :)