ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Billet oil cooler plate.
image.jpg
I'll do my best to keep this updated if people are interested? I'll be building my gearbox up soon so I'll be able to add pics of that through the various stages.

keep the updates coming, this and the gearbox are going to be amazing.
Love the uniqueness about this, just wish i could do something like this or knew some-one that could.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Keep the updates coming! I love a proper build and something that is done yourself and that isnt just slapping a turbo/itb's on an engine!
This was born out of a distinct hatred towards itbs mate. Lol! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they do, but they're also like arseholes. Everyone has them.

keep the updates coming, this and the gearbox are going to be amazing.
Love the uniqueness about this, just wish i could do something like this or knew some-one that could.
Cheers mate. You do know someone that can do stuff like this. Me! :wink:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Billet oil cooler plate. I'll do my best to keep this updated if people are interested? I'll be building my gearbox up soon so I'll be able to add pics of that through the various stages.

Nice, is that a Modine same as the cup cars? Which box you using? You sticking with a jc5 or you picked up a Sadev now?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Nice, is that a Modine same as the cup cars? Which box you using? You sticking with a jc5 or you picked up a Sadev now?
No mate not a modine. It's going to be feeding my laminova oil cooler.
Yeah sticking with the jc5 mate. Got no interest in the Sadev at all. They're either fucked, in need of rebuilds or overpriced. Just going to fit the Meg 5th gear to give it a bit more zing and also reduce the top speed. Having done 174mph in my mk3 astra, I have no desire to hit 150mph in a Clio. Lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ok, so little bit of an update and a few pics!

Here's the laminova that I'll be using to keep the oil cool. Really trick bits of kit tbh.
image.jpg

Next up we have a jc5 in kit form!! Hope you lot know where everything goes, because I'm fucked if I do! Lol!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here's a shot of the freshly painted gearbox casing. Same colour as the block.
image.jpg

I'm sure the bits will find their way in there somehow. :wink:

Here's what happens when you drive like a stick 'n' arse - it f***s the dog teeth on the gears.
image.jpg
Not the best pic I know, but you can see where the points are rounded off. Synchro's are fine it's just these teeth that wear! £££'s to replace as well.

Here's something to keep the power in check! Quaife LSD.
image.jpg

And finally, well the pic says it all!
image.jpg

More to come. :cool:

Why have I only just seen this? Everything in this thread is awesome!

Be very interested to see what the engine makes with that spec. Really like it that you have gone a different way and not used itb's.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Why have I only just seen this? Everything in this thread is awesome!

Be very interested to see what the engine makes with that spec. Really like it that you have gone a different way and not used itb's.
Thanks. It's all just a bit of fun tbh. I like to do things differently too. If it was all out N/A performance I was after I'd have to choose itb's, but that's not the aim with this for me.

As I said in my email Mark all I can say is wow :smile:
Thanks! I try my best!

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
that laminova looks smaller than I thought it would be, expected something 30cm or so for some reason.
that box in bits looks worriying, you gonnan assemble that yourself?

do the R3 pistons/rods do anything with the rod ratio?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
that laminova looks smaller than I thought it would be, expected something 30cm or so for some reason.
that box in bits looks worriying, you gonnan assemble that yourself?

do the R3 pistons/rods do anything with the rod ratio?
That is the smallest laminova mocal do mate. It was originally used on my Astra Quaife straight cut gearbox. It used to have overheating issues from anything over 150-160mph and this cooler was boss of the job!!
Box in bits is no drama tbh mate. It's been stripped down like that for well over 12 months though. Lol!

Nah rod ratios are the same as standard mate on R3 maxi. Not sure if it's the same on maxi evo, but I think it is.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Made a start on the gearbox today. Waiting on 4th gear arriving ( on back order) so there's not really much else I can do other than knock a bearing race on to the pinion end of the mainshaft. The bearing collar for 4th gear on the top of the shaft has now been fitted properly too. Gave myself a there there after I clouted my finger between the hammer and punch so bid it b****cks for the day after that. Lol!
image.jpg
@Phase1sr one for you this!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Gearbox nearly finished now. :nomouth:
image.jpg

Ok, so maybe that's not a jc5, but it's as equally unreliable. Lol! Got a full strip and refresh to do on this, then refit it. 9hrs of fun. I thank you.

In jc5 129 news I'm waiting on back order parts to arrive overnight from Tokyo. Allegedly. So nothing to report for the time being.
Engine will be being fitted the first week in May all being well. Dependant on the outcome of the gearbox parts arrival that is...............

Fuel line and oil cooler hoses are being ordered tomorrow, no wait, today even so should see them on Tuesday. Speedflow sexiness. :cool:

Last edited: