ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes???

197 & volvo 740
hey all.....need some quick advice.....
left my 2005 182 cup in to get the horn done under warrenty and they rang me to say the rear disks are down to 7mm and its £475 for rear disks and pads and a further £105 for front pads which are also apparently shot.....am i getting taken for a ride?? thinking of taking it to my local garage for a 2nd opinion first!!
thanks!!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Yes, the words 'bend over & pucker up' spring to mind.

Rears don't hardly do anything, 8mm from new anyway.

For £190 you can get brembo high carbon discs, ferodo ds2500 pads & braided lines from yozzasport. ( front set up)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tell em to fcuk off mate . They are shafting you big time . Like Steve says , the rear discs are only 8mm new , minimum thickness is 6mm , you've probably got another 18months - 2 years left in em yet as they do fcuk all .

197 & volvo 740
thanks guys thought it was a bit sus but wanted to make sure....just ordered pads from another dealer and will get my local to fit them!!
main dealers suck......no wonder they all have a bad reputation! had they quoted a sensible figure they would have had my business!!!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
That is a ridiculous amount, Good move on ordering from elsewhere, I luckily now have Timmay's Mate who is a Renault Tech to get me anything I need at a Good Price :D

hey all.....need some quick advice.....
left my 2005 182 cup in to get the horn done under warrenty and they rang me to say the rear disks are down to 7mm and its £475 for rear disks and pads and a further £105 for front pads which are also apparently shot.....am i getting taken for a ride?? thinking of taking it to my local garage for a 2nd opinion first!!
thanks!!

your being taken for a fool...

rear discs are £100 tops...
pads all round are £50.00
labour £100.00

Tell em to fcuk off mate . They are shafting you big time . Like Steve says , the rear discs are only 8mm new , minimum thickness is 6mm , you've probably got another 18months - 2 years left in em yet as they do fcuk all .
The wear markers are there for a reason there not trying to shaft him if there worn they can only say that.
thanks guys thought it was a bit sus but wanted to make sure....just ordered pads from another dealer and will get my local to fit them!!
main dealers suck......no wonder they all have a bad reputation! had they quoted a sensible figure they would have had my business!!!!
New front disk are £100 ish each then pads are £50 then say an hour to fit as minimum labour that easy to get that price

Rear disks are near £200 pads about £50 from Renault then clean the calipers and chnage them all you can see why it adds up.
your being taken for a fool...

rear discs are £100 tops...
pads all round are £50.00
labour £100.00
Rear disk £175 since your most likly foegtting you need abs rings and bearing plus pushed together.