ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake shoes

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
just changed the brake shoes on the rear of my little 1.4 clio today, absolute pain aswell for a novice like me :( everything seemed to go okay but just taken it for a little drive and it seems like i have to press the brake pedal down alot further than before... have i done something majorly wrong or is a little more adjustment needed?

also found out why my handbrake wasnt working lying in the bottom of my drum, snapped, leaving car in gear until i sort that, handbrake cable replacement a hard job?

thanks in advance

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like either a leaking cylinder, air in the system or generally very poor adjustment. Did you reset the auto-adjuster?

If you're unsure about these things you really shouldn't be playing with them... they are your brakes afterall!

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
well i say im a novice but not completely, i am an engineer lol ;)
yeah ive adjusted them now and seems fine
gave them a good test before going anywhere and seem to be working fine, thanks chaps