ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Set-up

182 FF
Not long had my 172 Cup, i knew when i got her she was going to need new pads on the rear and the discs on the front look like they have been on there since they left the factory 50K ago...

So as Christmas is coming up ;) and the misses is asking for ideas I think a new set-up is in order :)

For fast road use but id like to maybe try a few track days next summer..

Brembo Carbon grooved front discs
Standard rear discs
Ferodo DS2500 pads all round
Goodridge braided Lines
Brembo LCF600 High Temp fluid

Does anyone else have a simerlar set-up to this if so what you think??

I have got a set of TVR/AP Racing 4 Pot Calipers kicking around but might be a bit overkill on the road plus id need to get brackets & bells made up, but they do look cool with TVR stamped in them :eek:

Megane 225 F1
This isn't going on experiance (well maybe a little) but from the views on here, the rears don't do much. So no point splashing out on them when the standards do just fine. I have standard rears and it does the job for me.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
This isn't going on experiance (well maybe a little) but from the views on here, the rears don't do much. So no point splashing out on them when the standards do just fine. I have standard rears and it does the job for me.

Yeah, I run standard pads on the rear too.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Hi
Another option to throw in is the ones we have on test by 5 members on here , http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-bluestuff-pads-and-Godspeed-Discs&highlight= , My own Grooved discs with the new EBC bluestuff NDX pads , that I find better than DS2500's , I sell these as well .

I could do you a deal of front grooved discs , Bluestuff pads , a HEL stainless steel braided hose kit and a litre of dot 5.1 high performance fluid for £199 plus £12.50 P&P

Cheers Ian
01656 723060

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah nice set up you'll have there, but as said, don't bother with the ds pads for the rear. stick to standard.