ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pads & discs, How much£££

Clio Sport 16v 172
Evening all,

I've been meaning to get my brake pads changed for the last few months but i've not had the chance to go to a garage, now i need to get a complete set of pads and discs.
Can anyone tell me how much this will cost and secondly is it worth going for after market products?
Oh its for a 2002 172.
Thanks for your advice

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Try GSF Parts and get the brembo discs and some pads.

Should cost you about £60 for discs and £upto £40 depending on chioce of pads.

Renaultsport Clio 182
stay away from EBC Greestuff cos they are totally sh!te. i wouldn't put them pads on my push-bike, let alone a car!!!!

decent brakes are a very important thing in my book. for a shade over £200 you can get a cracking kit from Yozza - Brembo HC discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads and braided brake lines. also change the fluid to Dot 5.1 and you're onto a winner!

Ibis A3 BE
Would the standard lines and fluid be OK if you were upgrading to Brembo Max and Ferodo's?

Renaultsport Clio 182
Would the standard lines and fluid be OK if you were upgrading to Brembo Max and Ferodo's?
to be honest if you're updating to Brembo Max and Ferodos i reckon you'd be foolish not to put braided lines on and replace the fluid while you've got everything to hand. you'll get much better feel from the brake pedal and it wont take that long to do.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I got EBC Grooved discs and YELLOWstuff pads off ebay in march for £220 on ebay.

Ibis A3 BE
to be honest if you're updating to Brembo Max and Ferodos i reckon you'd be foolish not to put braided lines on and replace the fluid while you've got everything to hand. you'll get much better feel from the brake pedal and it wont take that long to do.

Sounds fair enough to me! K-Tec say the lines would be £111 fitted - is that a good deal? I have no clue myself.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
^ not really imo mate. You can get goodridge lines for a shade over £50 on ebay and fit them yourself or pay some1 a few quid to fit them as its really easy to do, just need to bleed the system afterwards

Ibis A3 BE
^ not really imo mate. You can get goodridge lines for a shade over £50 on ebay and fit them yourself or pay some1 a few quid to fit them as its really easy to do, just need to bleed the system afterwards

Thanks for the info. I'll see if they will cut the cost down along with the full set of discs and pads and go from there. How long should a full change of front and rear discs and pads as well as lines and fluid take by someone who knows what they're doing?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d

Thanks for the info. I'll see if they will cut the cost down along with the full set of discs and pads and go from there. How long should a full change of front and rear discs and pads as well as lines and fluid take by someone who knows what they're doing?

I took mine to birchdown in cheshire. They know what they're doing and have a very good repution on here and are always best on price. I had all discs and pads changed, new lines and fluid and thy only charged me £50 for the labour (i suplied all parts)

I know its along way from you but its just a comparison :)

Ibis A3 BE
That's a good deal. I think K-Tec would be charging me £58 labour for front and £58 labour for rear brakes. Plus added for lines. There was a bit of movement in the total though which is good but not as much to make total labour £50!