ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pad Advice please DS3000

Clio 172 Cup
I have a few brake pad questions for you please gents, I bought these DS3000 pads off the forum and since receiving them I have now noticed that one set has been warn a lot more than the other set. I was going to fit these to a brand new set of Brembo HC discs.

Questions.

1. Can you see a problem fitting them at all or am I £60 out of pocket?

2. If I was going to fit them would you mix them up so say fit one big with one smaller one?

3. Would they damage the new discs?

Cheers for any help.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Volvo S40
1.) They're £150 new and look like they have plenty of life in them so wouldn't say you're out of pocket.

2.) Theoretically if you paired bigger with smaller I guess you would ensure that both sides wear out at the same time. Or you could just keep them as they are and replace as a pair when the side with less material gets close to wearing out.

3.) I've just had some part worn DS2500s fitted to new HC discs and they are fine. I would just avoid breaking too heavily until you have some material transferred to the new disc.

Clio 172 Cup
1.) They're £150 new and look like they have plenty of life in them so wouldn't say you're out of pocket.

2.) Theoretically if you paired bigger with smaller I guess you would ensure that both sides wear out at the same time. Or you could just keep them as they are and replace as a pair when the side with less material gets close to wearing out.

3.) I've just had some part worn DS2500s fitted to new HC discs and they are fine. I would just avoid breaking too heavily until you have some material transferred to the new disc.

Some good advice many thanks.

Renault Kangoo
Do you mean sand them down so they are rough?
No, I would say by the look of them they are pretty rough anyway, if they are new discs then they may transfer any deep scoring into the disc, so more to smooth them a bit flatter, I would find a very flat surface, lay a piece of sandpaper down and swirl them around on it keeping them level. When you buy new pads for used discs they take a while to "bed in" or take on the same grooves as the disc and the same would be true the other way round, except you don't want the discs to get scored if you can help it.

Clio 172 Cup
No, I would say by the look of them they are pretty rough anyway, if they are new discs then they may transfer any deep scoring into the disc, so more to smooth them a bit flatter, I would find a very flat surface, lay a piece of sandpaper down and swirl them around on it keeping them level. When you buy new pads for used discs they take a while to "bed in" or take on the same grooves as the disc and the same would be true the other way round, except you don't want the discs to get scored if you can help it.

Ok thanks for that advice to I will try that, hopefully will fit them this weekend.

Cheers