ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake light problem, help!!!

A white and black one
Only a slight problem, well basically the brake lights stay on when i'm not even braking (only when dipped or full beam are switched on though). Electrical problem?

Cheers nick j

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Does the high level brakelight stay on as well? if not, id check and clean the connectors to the lights.

A white and black one
no luck, was pressing the brake peddal after checking the wires and it was making a nosie outside the car, is that normal

A white and black one
sounded like something to do with brakes, brake fluid maybe, it hasn't had a service for 13months mind

Does it feel odd when braking? Spongey, or the pedal travelling further than normal?

Really dont understand when you say the brakes are making a noise.....

The brake pedal should be in contact with the switch when not braking at all times.

A white and black one
no brakes are fine, nothing wrong, maybe i am hearing things. Still think its strange that they stay on though when i am not braking

im out of ideas mate...

Pedal is deffo making contact with the switch when not pressed? Tried pulling it upwards to see if there is any reverse travel?

Toyota Corolla
Only a slight problem, well basically the brake lights stay on when i'm not even braking (only when dipped or full beam are switched on though). Electrical problem?

Cheers nick j

I've got this problem to! The 3rd brake light, one in the spoiler, lights up faintly when the side/dipped lights are on - but only when the engine is running!

Anyone got any ideas??

Car is ph1 172.

Cheers
James

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I've got this problem to! The 3rd brake light, one in the spoiler, lights up faintly when the side/dipped lights are on - but only when the engine is running!

Anyone got any ideas??

Car is ph1 172.

Cheers
James

Bad earth/corroded connections, I had a simular thing and had to replace the bulb holder on the o/s rear light cluster.