ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake light out please help?

2002 Blue Extreme
First off i really am an idiot when it comes to cars so the help would be fantastic,

Hi i have noticed on my car that my driverside brake light is out but i am pretty sure when the lights are switched on the same light works.

or am i getting 2 bulbs mixed up??

i know each side has 4 bulbs one of witch is the indicator orange bulb thats as far as my knowledge goes sorry for being an amateur, please help

Regards :eek:

PH1 172
What you will find is that the bulb you are looking at does your rear lights when lights are on plus it also does the brake light as well i.e. it brightens when you brake and returns to normal when you don't.

You will need to replace the bulb, making sure you get one that is the exactly the same as when you look at the filaments inside you will notice there is 2 (1 for the rear light action and 1 that brightens the bulb when breaking) and all should be ok mate :)

2002 Blue Extreme
hi this does make sense mate thanks however can you explain a little more about when replacing it?

Ultra Red Clio 197
its not rocket science! just undo the screw in the boot by the light unclip the light cover to reveal the bulbs.. push and twist the faulty one, replacement is the reversal of removal and do it all up! easy!

2002 Blue Extreme
its not rocket science! just undo the screw in the boot by the light unclip the light cover to reveal the bulbs.. push and twist the faulty one, replacement is the reversal of removal and do it all up! easy!

sorry i mean what bulb do i need to be replacing how do i know what i am buying ?

182cup & 172 racecar
Go to Halfords and look in the book or ask somebody and they will give you the right one,prob be in a packet of two

2002 Blue Extreme
if i was to search on ebay what would i be looking for they dont seem to have any on ebay as far as i can see??