ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Fluid

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Looking to get some opinions on brake fluid, car is a track/race car with little to no road use.

Previously i used ATE super blue and never had any issues, once that was discontinued i changed to Castrol SRF. I had 2 occasions, during longer stints that the pedal went soft with the SRF so wasn't that impressed.

What Fluid are others using?

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
@JamesBryan as do a lot of people i know hence i changed to it! Was a bit miffed when it happened, re-bled the brakes just in case and the probelm re-occured

Although the issue only arose when out for longer stints. Never had an issue with ATE superblue..........Only change except fluid was i went from CL-RC8 to DS1.11 pads

I have 1 Litre of the SRF left i may try it again and see how i get on with it when testing

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I didn't like superblue bar how easy bleeding was when swapping between that and normal coloured stuff! More than happy with Motul RBF600 and the DS1.11 I run now

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
If you liked the super blue, just get the none dyed equivalent? Same specs etc, it just doesn't have the blue colour.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Try some Endless RF, I swear by it now after trying pretty much every other fluid out there. The Endless is the only stuff that gives me a firm, consistent pedal regardless of how long im out or how how the brakes get

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Try some Endless RF, I swear by it now after trying pretty much every other fluid out there. The Endless is the only stuff that gives me a firm, consistent pedal regardless of how long im out or how how the brakes get
Second this. Really rate the Endless stuff - just needs changing every year.

Clio RS 172 2002
I just put SRF into my 172 for occasional track days.
It’s the “wet” boiling temperature that’s most important because the fluid absorbs moisture.
The STF’s wet temperature is 270C which is higher than the dry boiling temp of most other fluids.

If the SRF is boiling then you need to look at cooling.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Car has brake cooling ducts. No idea what was causing the issue but I’ll try the SRF again as I still have 1 litte

If I don’t get on with it I’ll change it out