ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake fitting problems

Clio 1.2 16v
Well fitted breaks and all sounded ok yesturday, started to drive this morning and there is a continous knocking noise when i turn my steering weeh slightly to the left. sounds like its coming from the left wheel. checked the wheel it's nice a tight. could this just be from the new brake pad wearing itself in? I heard you gota wear the brakes in for 100 miles or so.
any suggestons

LY 182
Well fitted breaks and all sounded ok yesturday, started to drive this morning and there is a continous knocking noise when i turn my steering weeh slightly to the left. sounds like its coming from the left wheel. checked the wheel it's nice a tight. could this just be from the new brake pad wearing itself in? I heard you gota wear the brakes in for 100 miles or so.
any suggestons
no it shouldnt do that.
is the caliper tight? and not cross threaded

LY 182
cross threaded?
when you put a bolt in wonkey it feels like it tightens up but its not actually clamping anything.
get somebody who knows what they are looking at to check them imo you dont want to kill yourself