ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Ducts

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@Dr Jekyll Me too matey but on the budget these were irresistible ;) get some discount when I order my roof scoop too :D

Can't say I attached pipes or deflector plates to the back though as on the first outing the brakes came in almost on fire ha.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I also went down the budget route. £10 ebay job which inc 2 ducts and pipework
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...ose-Pipe-Tube-Duct-Kit-Blue-New-/390778616627
Front1.jpg

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I also went down the budget route. £10 ebay job which inc 2 ducts and pipework
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...ose-Pipe-Tube-Duct-Kit-Blue-New-/390778616627
Front1.jpg

The trouble with this type is they don't actually catch much air, most of the airflow is travelling sideways over the bumper so isn't getting forced into the duct. You need something to catch the air, that's why the cup racer ducts stick out on either side to catch the air. Best place to have the ducts really is as close to the middle of the bumper you can or under the splitter.

I have tried both, I went to fog light style after smashing by cup racer ones up in an accident and the brakes don't stay anywhere near as cool. Need to get round to fixing the cup racer ones at some point.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
You don't need massives of air flow in to them, you need to promote ingress of cool air, the majority of air movement will come from the negative pressures under the car and within the wheel arch. They are more suck than blow.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I disagree, you need as much air into the ducts as you can get especially with indirect cooling (i.e. deflector plates) . The more air you have the better effective cooling capacity. The air under the car is low pressure/high volume, air being drawn from the arch will be far higher than the fog light hole can deliver, so the only way to get the volume is to increase the pressure and the only way to do that is to catch the air off the front bumper. Simple really, ive experienced the effects first hand and the cup racer ducts deliver far better cooling than just fog light holes.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I got some of the 3d printed ducts from ebay and then got some proper ducts made up, not just deflectors -

image36.jpg

joined the two together with some 76mm donkey d*ck flexi tubing.

I'm yet to try them with temperature comparisons but they look good!

Arctic 182
I got some of the 3d printed ducts from ebay and then got some proper ducts made up, not just deflectors -

image36.jpg

joined the two together with some 76mm donkey d*ck flexi tubing.

I'm yet to try them with temperature comparisons but they look good!
Looks good. You got links handsome?