ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Ducts

I'm after some cup racer style brake ducts but refuse to pay the £190 odd quid that KTAX want for their kit

I'm sure CMComposites do just the bumper mouldings but their website doesn't have anything on there

Anyone got any ideas where I can find some or pictures of the CMComposite ones and a rough idea of cost?

my set up cost ~£20 and works extremely well.
2x 100mm bass ports off eBay (~£4 each) are a tight tidy push fit and meter of spiral duct for a tenner. Bent two bits of waste stainless for deflector plates.

not pimp but very cheap and functional!

4FB2E4CD-E327-47E3-B2E2-73A5B8A716CC_zpsyiepvhks.jpg

A841B132-B7CC-46E1-B3D2-FE9D646F8080_zpstfk5ankd.jpg

Last edited:
Yer I looked at those before. Not mad keen on them really.
The plan is to get the cup racer style ones so I can blend them to the bumper. Having a bit of paint done in August so was going to get them filled and painted in at the same time

MarkX I've got something similar at the moment but just wanted something a bit tidier as it's still a road car

I saw someone had a Bean with cup racer ducts all blended in and painted properly and it looked good

My inner tart likes things looking good!

they were riveted on, looked good but no way good enough for a road car or if really fussy. I've no idea if they were genuine or copies though, but tidy they weren't!
I think riveting is the common thing but I was just going to give them to my painter and let him work his magic. Should end up looking like it came out the factory

JackJack I'll drop them an email see what the score is. Cheers

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Yer I followed your lead up when I commented on your thread Keith but to no avail unfortunately :(
Really like the look of yours so was going for something similar

After hearing back from Chris the Ktec kit doesn't seem to badly priced ... £££
But ultimately I want something that looks like it's sposed to be there, not just 'stuck' on
So will more than likely order the CMC kit and fit that
Not a cheap way of doing things but it never is when something is done right so to speak

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The CM Composites ones will fit very well mate. He remade them after making them actually fit a 1*2 fog light opening, unlike the original cup racer ones.
They were done with the ethos based on "looks mint from the grandstand". Lol

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yer I followed your lead up when I commented on your thread Keith but to no avail unfortunately 😧
Really like the look of yours so was going for something similar

After hearing back from Chris the Ktec kit doesn't seem to badly priced ... £££
But ultimately I want something that looks like it's sposed to be there, not just 'stuck' on
So will more than likely order the CMC kit and fit that
Not a cheap way of doing things but it never is when something is done right so to speak

I have some cup racer ones from CMC, just not fitted them yet :)

Nimbus Grey 197
2x 100mm bass ports off eBay (~£4 each) are a tight tidy push fit and meter of spiral duct for a tenner. Bent two bits of waste stainless for deflector plates.

that looks really nice tbf where did you say you got the bass ports from as i couldn't see them on ebay ??

Track 172 Cup
Can you just use a longer length of tube and point towards the brakes instead of the deflector plate? I can make a plate if need be just wondering if it's more direct with the tube pointing directly at the brake instead of the plate deflecting it randomly.

Track 172 Cup
@StuOwen86

On my current set up that's what I've done. Kept my arch liners intact and bent the ducting round so it points to the calliper from the wishbone

What ducting did you use is it more rigid than like what is in markX picture? I was thinking like some hard plastic pipe or the foil type stuff. Have too move my cold air feed that goes too my maxigen filter first

Removing the arch liner completely is much easier and free. Plenty of air rushes into the arch towards the brakes that way :smile:

Just means you have to give it a rinse under there every now and again.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
When I do my protect thread I'll post pictures of mine, think mine cost me about £12 and my time lol gonna use some nimbus head shield for deflectors as I've got it spare.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Mark, got a link to the ports?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
There are two types of CMComposite ones. Cup racer replica ones. I got these ones for £70 IIRC brand new. They fit a 75mm pipe on the back.

EC2BBF5E-F77D-47F4-B6E3-8D8B3C25BDE6_zpspnluubuv.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@MarkX Thanks buddy, I eventually found by searching for something else as "bass ports" didn't seem to show up a lot on the search.

@GrahamS I actually prefer the other ones, the ones that are more square. Still a good looking duct though. (the ones you have)