ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

braided hoses

Clio extreme 2 16v
sorry if this is a repost...

are there any differences between braided hoses? which ones would you recommend? zinc plated or stainless?

also where would you recommend i get some from? prices have varied. am after a complete set of 4.

thanks

535d / t5 caravelle
ok how mad is this, i have had 3 different cars, 3 different mot's, and 3 different sets of stainless steel braided hose kits for the brakes have all let go on the brake test on the mot! wierd eh?! 1st on my valver, then my sapphire cossie, and finally on my williams, i swore never to have them again!

i know find myself thinking about getting some for the cup as i keep reading on here, there a good upgrade along with brembo hc's and ds2500's, am i being f**king stupid or what?

and more to the point why did 3 sets fail on me? thank God it was on the mot test or it could have been quite serious with 420bhp under my foot lol

Clio extreme 2 16v
ok how mad is this, i have had 3 different cars, 3 different mot's, and 3 different sets of stainless steel braided hose kits for the brakes have all let go on the brake test on the mot! wierd eh?! 1st on my valver, then my sapphire cossie, and finally on my williams, i swore never to have them again!

i know find myself thinking about getting some for the cup as i keep reading on here, there a good upgrade along with brembo hc's and ds2500's, am i being f**king stupid or what?

and more to the point why did 3 sets fail on me? thank God it was on the mot test or it could have been quite serious with 420bhp under my foot lol

slightly concerning... lol.

ive always thought them to be a good upgrade, just didnt no if some were better than others.

535d / t5 caravelle
from memory, think mine where goodridge ( it was a long time ago ) i wasn't aware anybody else made them actually

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've been looking for brake lines for my R26 this evening.

www.brakes4u.co.uk seems to be cheapest place. I'm going to get HEL lines as they have stainless fixings as standard and colour choice isn't extra.

Did you fit all three sets yourself?

I never had an issue with Godridge hoses on my 172.

Lionel Richie
goodridge - paying for the name
hel - by name, same by nature
loads of other cheap s**t flying about

mocal - perfect (yes i sell them and yes they're spot on - so shoot me)

Stripped yozza'd cup
I've been wondering this too.... I've heard a lot of stories of goodridge ones failing. Not something I want to invest in.

I may have to have a looky at mocal.... If fred's sales pitch is to be trusted ;)

535d / t5 caravelle
I've been looking for brake lines for my R26 this evening.

www.brakes4u.co.uk seems to be cheapest place. I'm going to get HEL lines as they have stainless fixings as standard and colour choice isn't extra.

Did you fit all three sets yourself?
I never had an issue with Godridge hoses on my 172.

no mate, had the 1st set on the valver fitted along with some discs/pads, from memory the other 2 sets came on the cars

535d / t5 caravelle
Bill when you say "fail" what exactly happened?

dropped car off for mot, gets a phone call along the lines of " f**king hell, your shitty brake hoses have just failed on the brake test, good job you were'nt on the road! " same for all 3, mot tester could not believe it, very odd, 3 cars, 3 mots, 3 could have been accidents, pissed fluid out all over and brake pedal just fell to the floor, ie. no f**king brakes :eek:

02' PH1 172
I bought a set of goodridge for my ph1. backs went on fine but for some reason I could not get the fronts to fit. The end attachment just would not go onto the thread, must be out by like half a mill or something. Really annoying