ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought a used MacBook Pro, did I get a good deal?

320d M Sport
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Mac...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's a 15.4, Feb 2008 Penryn Core 2 Duo. 2.4ghz with 4G RAM, upgradable to 8G if I want. 256G HD. this is the multitouch trackpad version, brilliant condition, boxed with leads etc.

Got it for £360.

yqa7ajyp.jpg

hy4abemy.jpg

esamanup.jpg

6a5u5y6a.jpg

e3uvy2e8.jpg

3ahe2a5y.jpg

9adyzura.jpg

a7ynuzuh.jpg

uhu4e7yv.jpg

zugysy4u.jpg

320d M Sport
Thinking more about the price Tom really?

I wanted to test the water with what would be my first Mac. Will be used for my dj'ing and that commands I need 2.ghz and 2g of ram so should handle it fine (unlike my windows laptop).

Newer shape ones with similar specs to that we're going for about £500 in a battered condition..

320d M Sport
Reckon? Some good deals around on new laptops ATM. I just don't trust windows to run my music stuff. My laptop won't and apparently it should

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Its not bad really. I'd stick some more RAM in it as RAM is currently dirt cheap (Head over to crucial.com for the best price and they also tell you what RAM you need).

It wont be slow but sticking an SSD in there would speed it up considerably. Again, they have come down in price a lot recently.

Its not bad really. I'd stick some more RAM in it as RAM is currently dirt cheap (Head over to crucial.com for the best price and they also tell you what RAM you need).

It wont be slow but sticking an SSD in there would speed it up considerably. Again, they have come down in price a lot recently.

I agree, 8GB RAM and an SSD and the thing will absolutely fly. Hopefully Traktor actually works on this one ;)

320d M Sport
Exactly haha.

I need to buy more ram then! And for the SSD they all seem to be small storage options?

The more I price used MacBooks up the better deal I think I got. It's arriving tomorrow :)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
You can get a same size SSD as the HDD your getting with the computer for about £150. The difference it'll make will be so clear.

320d M Sport
Awesome. This gets better :)

I'd fill 250G pretty quick tho. Ill do a bit of research and see how to spec it out once I know how to use it...?! 16 years on windows!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Just checked eBay and I had no idea these Apple laptops command such high second hand prices. I sold my newer, better spec'd MacBook Pro to a work colleague for £200 last year. Gutted lol.

DB.

BMW 440i
Decent buy! My old Macbook (2009), outperforms my friends new laptops that cost circa £400.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
go on crucial website and you can let the website run a program to find out what you can put on it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
just checked with your details in the OP and t seems 4gb is all you can do.

I recently upgraded my 2009 13 inch MBP from 2gb ram to 8gb and my HD from 160 gb to 256GB SSD and it is off the richter beast mode engaged ball lickingly good now.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I was going to say that I thought a machine of that age will not support 8GB.

320d M Sport
just checked with your details in the OP and t seems 4gb is all you can do.

I recently upgraded my 2009 13 inch MBP from 2gb ram to 8gb and my HD from 160 gb to 256GB SSD and it is off the richter beast mode engaged ball lickingly good now.

Haha. Yea I saw toms video. Impressive!