ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought a Trophy - thanks to you !

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone on Cliosport - you have given me tons of advice over the past couple of weeks and today I applied it all and bought my very own 182 Trophy !

Thanks to you guys I got a great price for the car from a main dealer and the negotiation was a doddle - I felt in total control of the whole situation rather than feeling under pressure from the sales staff.

Your tips on good insurance companies lead me to find a great price for that too and I feel sure that I have done the right thing after reading so many posts from members who already have one.

Cheers Everyone - I look forward to becoming a regular around here.

I get to pick the registration number and find out the delivery date on Monday morning... cant wait !

Test drove the 182 full fat with cup packs and Trophy alternately for over 1 1/2 hours today and got a really good insight into both cars. The dealer took me to a great stretch of twisty country road that was about 10mins away from them and let me take as long as I liked to thrash both cars around - it was amazing !

The more I got to know the road the faster I was able to take the tight bends - we were doing 90 around stretches of road that I would not normally take at 50 !

What a day - I feel like I have just finished a track day to be honest.

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT

Quote: Originally posted by DieHard on 10 September 2005

I get to pick the registration number and find out the delivery date on Monday morning... cant wait !

Test drove the 182 full fat with cup packs and Trophy alternately for over 1 1/2 hours today and got a really good insight into both cars. The dealer took me to a great stretch of twisty country road that was about 10mins away from them and let me take as long as I liked to thrash both cars around - it was amazing !

The more I got to know the road the faster I was able to take the tight bends - we were doing 90 around stretches of road that I would not normally take at 50 !

What a day - I feel like I have just finished a track day to be honest.
how do u mean u get to pick the reg number ?

ive had mine ordered a few weeks now but will not be getting untill the end of the month :)

i cant wait

I have just PMd you the details, feel free to PM me with any more info that you want about the car.

Best advice is to Test drive the car for at least 45 mins along twisty back roads and then jump into a cupped regular 182 to see the difference. Oh yeah and turn off the ESP so you can feel the car.

Quote: Originally posted by DieHard on 11 September 2005

I have just PMd you the details

jump into a cupped regular 182 to see the difference. Oh yeah and turn off the ESP so you can feel the car.
Going to the dealers 2moro, so would also appreciate any details about what I should be aiming for (not 100% on the Trophy yet though).

Presume youre saying the difference is pretty big then - is the handling THAT much better?

Thanks!

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

Congrats you will seriously love the car, I have just completed 1000miles in the car and it is amazing.

You get loads of looks all the time, and it just handles whatever you chuck at it.

I am really glad that i bought a Trophy over the Std182 I personally feel that the driving expereince is much better. It is alot more sure footed over all types of ground, and the more you push the car the better it gets.

With regards to deals, see if you can get around £13500-£14500 for the car and aslo see if you can get the 0% Finance.

You wont get alot more than that TBH.

(This is my own opinon)

My delivery date just came through for the car and its only going to take 3 weeks to arrive. Not bad as I have read that many of you have waited much longer for them.

I wonder if my number will be in the 400s ?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Nice to read a thread like this, glad the club could be of use and hope you enjoy yourself!

David