ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought a Clio 172 Cup

Clio 172 Cup
Hi,

I bought a Clio 172 Cup earlier this week. I havn't taken any pictures myself but here it is: http://pistonheads.com/sales/332248.htm

I had a MK5 Fiesta Zetec S before (this was it http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/342456.htm if anyone wants a look) and the Clio is obviously alot quicker. It just pulls so well especially with the VVT. The only problem I have with it is you don't get much feedback through the steering but im still getting used to it. Gears are defo a bit wishy washy but can't expect anything else with a french car lol. Great car though im taking a liking to it :D . Hopefully i'll get to learn alot more about it on here and maybe's meet a few new people.

Chris

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
feckin heck, you didn't pay that much for it did you !! man oh man, you could have brought mine for that price, plus i have been the owner from new !!

My steering is very positive, maybe you got some cheap tyres or wrong pressures or something. get a b&m shifter if you want a tighter gear movements

Did you even ask if the cambelt has been changed !! as it will need doing as its 5 years old, that'll cost you £400

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
photo of the engine looks dodgy, no factory stickers on the top of the plastic grill, suggests a frontal impact, plus missing splitter

Clio 172 Cup
Its 5 year old in December this year so the cambelt is due then. The aux belt needs doing at the 36k service so i'll probs get the cambelt done then aswell. I paid 5.5k for it but it has just had £400 spent on new front discs, pads and tyres. What sort of price will I be looking it for a 36k service with aux and cam belt change :S? Should I stick to a renault dealership?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i would just pay for the 72k service, as thats the cambelt too, forget the 36k and you can get the petrol filter changed at the same time. i would stick with the renault you maybe able to save yourself a couple of hundred at smaller garages, but its not worth the hassel, if you got a good renault dealer/service place use it, plus you can get a car to use whilst they service yours.
ask about the Pollon filter ? / cabin filter change
and ask them to check the engine mounts whilst they are doing the cambelt