ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought 172 Exclusive, big decision!

Well the deed is done.. Selling my 206CC SE and Payd the deposit for a 172 Exclusive..

So Let the Mods begin!! :)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Nice one! Got one here too.. no.22. Just about to swap it for a 182 tho. Gonna be real sad to see it go.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Did you enjoy your 206cc ? once considered getting one but decided despite the 2.0l engine option it was still too sluggish. Smart roof though, any problems with it ?

Ive got No 50...

And yes The CC was nice.. Subtle Mods, and a real headturner.. Especially with the hairdresser set! :)

Sad to see it go, and yes even the 2 litre is pretty sluggish compared to the 172..

172 Exclusive

Ive got number 111, well technically the garage thats fixing it does.

Sounds like there are quite a few cliosport guys (and gals) out there with exclusives.

Just out of interest has anyones modded theirs, or are they being kept in standard spec?

Nice one Maxi, good purchase you wont regret it. ;)

Mines got a viper under the bonnet;)

soon to have susspenion tweek and full stainless but subtle full system,

the looks will remain the same.

being annoying and dragging this up, ive got no.100, and its absolutely brilliant! supposed to be selling it this year but i dont think so! nice to see some other people have exclusives. found mine by accident, got offered it for a really good price and just had to give up my v6 golf for it.

gonna get my engine mapped by a formula renault team which could be very interesting ;)

Id be careful with moding an Exclusive externally - especially the wheels. People like me would want an Exclusive because its a special car and I think you might find trouble selling one that has mods to its exterior or interior. But engine mods all the way!

172 made, Scarab Green metallic, full leather, BBS alloys and a couple of little bits and bobs. Basically a special edition of the Phase1 172.

Lovely.

i really wouldnt swap it for anything! thought about the new 182 but it just doesnt look as good. my car gets people staring at it in car parks at the track.

would agree about not modding it, its made by renaultsport to be different anyway so whats the point in polluting it.

Oh yeh.. Nice Motor..

Fasttttt Compaired to my CC, which went to its new home in London Town yesterday..

The Mods have started.. ITG Maxogen induction Kit has been fitted.. Clear Indicators, Lights etc etc.. But as was mentioned, there wont be any body mods.. As they are Rare...

RenaultSport 172 Exclusive No 50........

[Edited by 172 Exclusive on 06 May 2004 at 8:12am]

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

um do a search for point and squirt on google...youll find some

or you could just look in the gallery

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

Just been on the phone about one of these! It is no.17 with 39,000miles 2001 they want around £7000-£8000 for it. The current owner is trading it for a 182 so it sounds ok to me.

What do you lot reckon?

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

Yep thats what I thought. Its not in yet but Im going to the dealer on Sat to see what sort of deal I can get. Try to get as much as possible for the VTR, hopefully around £3500ish, but we will see!

I wanted to get a Cup but now I think I will go for a bit more comfort and toys. Must be because Im getting old (22) lol.

Not that much slower than the cup anyway i drove a friends cup and i would say there is nothing in it now i had the viper fitted. You would have ro get them on the track to exploit any real differences. The ph1 was a bit lighter than the ph2 so the cups weight advantage will be less aswell.

TBH if your buying the car based on looks then get the cup as the exclusive although i like it, its not very striking, it doesnt stand out. However this can be a good thing if your a bit of a petrolhead like me coz most cars that dont expect the car to be fast will race you and they look extremly pissed off when a subtle clio overtakes them at speed. at first glance people think its a 1.2 with cliosport badge stuck on. The toys are nice aswell and the BBS alloys although a b**ch to clean are my favorite model apart from the williams speedlines.

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

Maxi - how much did you buy your exclusive for if you dont mind me asking.

Whats the mileage etc.