ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bose Wave System Alternatives

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My dad just called me asking if he should buy one, and as much as I love the Bose kit I own myself, I cannot bring myself to suggest he buys one as it's very expensive for what it is and how he'll use it.

He wants a CD/DAB/FM player, with built in speakers, that sounds good, is easy to use (clear screen/buttons) and is small enough to move between rooms. Budget is flexible, clearly he's willing to shell out £600 but personally I'd rather it was half that or less.

Could anyone recommend good alternatives?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
No probs. Roberts have a pretty good reputation and don't cost the earth like Bose.

Snotter's
Does he need the cd function? How about the Soundtouch 20? Had mine a few years now and love plus it's so easy to move room to room and the app works well with spotify/apple etc

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
CD was essential yes, I did look at Ruark but they are quite expensive too.
Anyway, he has the Roberts now, I played around with it today and I'm impressed by it for the money. Sound quality is great and it's very easy to use :)