ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bose Quiet Comfort 15

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Anyone used these for a long period of time?

I tried them today in a shop and they sound awesome! Just not sure if they are worth the £280 price tag though ..?

koi

Audi S1
Was looking at the Bose home cinema systems and thought the same, can't help but think you're just paying for the name. Do sound good though!

I tried them today in a shop and they sound awesome! Just not sure if they are worth the £280 price tag though ..?
I have some for flying and love them. If you just want them for day-to-day use then there are better alternatives out there as the main USP of the Quiet Comforts is their noise reduction. Not a massive issue if you are sat in your house.

clio 197
I bought the limited edition blue ones a few weeks back. I do a lot of motorway miles in a lorry to pick up my stock so use it to drown out the awful noise, and to take phone calls. I love them!!!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the limited edition blue ones a few weeks back. I do a lot of motorway miles in a lorry to pick up my stock so use it to drown out the awful noise, and to take phone calls. I love them!!!

Noise cancelling headphones when driving a truck. That's sensible.

f**k me.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

Sounds safe!

I do travel a fair bit so I would make good use of the noise cancellation - I guess you do pay for the name but I hear that after sales support is second to none?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
You do realise deaf people can drive? I don't see the issue myself

Completely deaf people can't drive HGV's because they need to be aware of their surroundings.

The blind spot on a truck is huge, so the only thing you can use is your horn when a truck starts pulling out.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I have them and they are worth the money, they are very comfortable and the noise cancelling is great on public transport and planes etc.

i was worried that they use a normal AAA battery too, as I used of have some Sony digital noise cancelling headphones which were the b****cks and they had a rechargeable battery, but it's not an issue, the battery lasts for 20-30 hours of use easily, I've changed my battery once I think and I've had them a good 6 months.

Very comfortable too, more so that my Sony I would say.

So they get a thumbs up from me, better than those dre beats crap the kids wear to look cool on the tube.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd echo DKs opinion, I have had mine a year now and love them.

Noise cancelling is excellent in a lot of noisy environments, although I didn't fly this year but I will be trying them out on a long haul flight next year.

The only downside is they don't look good.

I bought mine especially as a frequent flyer. Epic is all I'll say. Great audio quality and the noise cancelling works really well, even sitting right by the engines.
The battery lasts ages too!

Suzuki Swift Sport
I have some Bose Quiet Comfort 1's! Had them for a long time (14 years?!) and still going strong, always impressed with the ability to drown out background noise on a flight. Sound quality is superb too in my opinion, not everyone likes the bass heavy sound of them though.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Well, I ordered them today in Blue after using some Amazon vouchers that I had.

Sound quality is amazing, will try them out later with a movie. Well worth the premium imo.

Not a 320d
I have them and they are worth the money, they are very comfortable and the noise cancelling is great on public transport and planes etc.

i was worried that they use a normal AAA battery too, as I used of have some Sony digital noise cancelling headphones which were the b****cks and they had a rechargeable battery, but it's not an issue, the battery lasts for 20-30 hours of use easily, I've changed my battery once I think and I've had them a good 6 months.

Very comfortable too, more so that my Sony I would say.

So they get a thumbs up from me, better than those dre beats crap the kids wear to look cool on the tube.

While Bose are better than beats (most things are) theyre still overpriced s**t.

I prefer wearing IEMs than cans too, would you consider IEMs?

e/

Just realised youve bought them! nevermind.

Not a 320d
Im off to work in a bit dont have time. Try browsing something like iHeadphones? Are you searching for something or are you trying to bait me into an argument, I cant tell?

Ive got a set of Westone UM2's at the moment and they dont leak any noise. In or out. Audio quality is good, although the mids are pretty recessed for my liking. I would choose IEM's over cans any day for traveling unless I was at home in which case I would have open cans.

IMO steer clear from well known brands (to your average consumer anyway) like Beats and Bose, though Sennheizer are good. Also each make will produce a different sound signature, some with better mids, others with lows or highs, so it depends on the type of music you listen to.

Just come from some Hifiman RE262's and they were absolutely brilliant (id still have them but the driver in one ear went), the mids were class so if you like metal or stuff with guitars they are spot on, very little bass though which might be a problem for some. Also the impedance was quite high so needed a portable amp to power them.

I am interested, I love/have the Bose for flying but they are a bit bulky for day-to-day so would like to know what else is out them that offers the same but in a smaller package.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
IMO steer clear from well known brands (to your average consumer anyway) like Beats and Bose, though Sennheizer are good. Also each make will produce a different sound signature, some with better mids, others with lows or highs, so it depends on the type of music you listen to.

Whilst I would normally agree with this statemen with Bose and the like, the quite comfort 15 are superb. I have a pair of Grado's and I would rate the sound as good, if not a different sound but obviously the Bose are brilliant sound deadners. They keep me sane on long haul flights!

chris